Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156415 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2017, 10:10:43 am »
The mighty fist of censorship came down hard on that Lesbian Mommies thread.  Lots of my posts were removed (but I was not banned). 
Frustratingly, the one person who seems the most unscathed is Jason Todd.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2017, 11:33:03 am »
The mighty fist of censorship came down hard on that Lesbian Mommies thread.  Lots of my posts were removed (but I was not banned). 

Mine too.

We have to remember, we're not dealing with rational people here. Rational, sane mods do not delete posts en masse that are both relevant and respectful simply because they're making arguments that the mods would rather not have to consider. I'm sorry that the moderators don't like the fact that their entire worldview is flatly contradicted by evidence, but, that's just too bad. You don't go deleting posts that don't violate any rules just because you don't like them and would rather not have to deal with the cognitive dissonance that comes from reading them.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:59 am »
I wonder if anyone knows the process of how to get in touch with/appeal to the moderator(s) of that channel. Not that it would do much good, we've already seen the kind of hamfisted, belligerent censorship that people like Lady Checkmate love so much.  In some ways, the Christian News Network team is worse, because you don't even know who they are.  I don't get the impression Christian News Network is a big operation, probably just a few people and not terribly grounded in reality considering that in their headlines a gay person is a "gay" person, Pope Francis is "Pope Francis" and same-sex marriage is same-sex "marriage".

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:11 pm »

Mine too.

Looks like you are gone. Maybe the first case of Lawyer assisted suicide. Or death by a thousand cuts.

Sharon taking a little time off. I am heading out to see the Eclipse. CNN may soon look like an echo chamber.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2017, 01:17:59 pm »

Mine too.

Looks like you are gone. Maybe the first case of Lawyer assisted suicide. Or death by a thousand cuts.

Sharon taking a little time off. I am heading out to see the Eclipse. CNN may soon look like an echo chamber.

That will teach me to respectfully disagree with the mods! What was I thinking? That this was a place where people could point out errors?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2017, 01:30:12 pm »
Please tell me they didn't ban you outright.  That would be calamitous.  (Or that if they did, you wouldn't stay gone).

I have methods of getting around IP bans if anyone needs them.

I hope to see a couple new faces on this forum soon.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2017, 01:30:31 pm »
Pope Francis is "Pope Francis"

If they even bring themselves to call him that.  Sometimes they just say Bergoglio or however you spell that.

Another weird thing I've noticed like that is if there's a story about FFRF.  They always have to lead it off by referring to them as "a prominent professing atheist organization" and then only way down in the story do they say it's FFRF.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2017, 01:44:36 pm »
Please tell me they didn't ban you outright.  That would be calamitous.  (Or that if they did, you wouldn't stay gone).

I have methods of getting around IP bans if anyone needs them.

I hope to see a couple new faces on this forum soon.

I mean, TOR exists. That's a pretty effective way of masking the hell out of your IP.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »
I mean, TOR exists. That's a pretty effective way of masking the hell out of your IP.

Precisely.
It comes in pretty handy when I'm laying down napalm on Lady Checkmate's channel.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2017, 02:37:23 pm »

Precisely.
It comes in pretty handy when I'm laying down napalm on Lady Checkmate's channel.

Here's a business opportunity for you....

Disqus Name and Password 25 Cents Apiece

I hope you dont's take bitcoin. I'd hate to have to open an account.
maybe PalPal?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2017, 02:46:45 pm »
RWH has seen my message, is registered, and should be joining us soon!

Wish James Blue and Michael C would follow suit.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2017, 03:18:26 pm »
Also, this is VERY funny, I wonder if Christian News Network even knows who their sponsors are:

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2017, 05:08:54 pm »
Also, this is VERY funny, I wonder if Christian News Network even knows who their sponsors are:

165 comments when you pulled that picture
high was 237 now down to 91
I have lost 4 messages, I notice more gone from Mama and you.

I always wondered about that lady trying to sell me a new car while pumping gas. Since you're the one they claim is always thinking about other people’s sex, explain that to them.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2017, 06:08:04 pm »
Hello Jocasta's friend -

I am not going to out you by using your name.

Sharon and I had the same problem. You can find that exchange on another thread here called, "Conversations with Sharon" starting around post number 9 or 10.

Welcome and I look forward to your insights.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »
Hello Jocasta's friend -

I am not going to out you by using your name.

Sharon and I had the same problem. You can find that exchange on another thread here called, "Conversations with Sharon" starting around post number 9 or 10.

Welcome and I look forward to your insights.

I don't think our new arrival will know be my my name here.  I better take care of that.