Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156187 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2017, 09:13:01 pm »
Jason Todd is one of the worst people ever to use a computer.

And it looks like he is off his meds again.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2017, 10:00:39 pm »
Jason Todd is one of the worst people ever to use a computer.

And it looks like he is off his meds again.

Yes, while we're on the subject of stupid, angry sneering, I see Jason Todd made an appearance tonight. He has gone around barking at people, sneering derisively, and insisting that court rulings aren't law. He told one guy not to listen to me because I cite case law.

Jason is like Oboehner if Oboehner suffered from Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2017, 10:34:29 pm »
Yes, while we're on the subject of stupid, angry sneering, I see Jason Todd made an appearance tonight. He has gone around barking at people, sneering derisively, and insisting that court rulings aren't law. He told one guy not to listen to me because I cite case law.

Jason is like Oboehner if Oboehner suffered from Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

They are The Brothers Sneer.  Perpetually bad-tempered.  I can't imagine what pleasure either gets out of being fundamentalist Christians since all they do is complain. Lady Checkmate would be their angry sister in some parallel universe.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:36:51 pm by Jocasta »
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2017, 10:53:39 am »
The ugly hand of censorship is beginning to show itself again on Christian News Network.  Most of my most recent responses to the like of Oboehner, Amos and Guest Verified have been removed.  None were rude (apart from the sarcasm I dished back at Oboehner).  I guess the next thing is to see if anyone else has been finding their posts taken down.

They haven't banned me (Zampogna) but when they get draconian like this, it means it's not far away.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2017, 03:32:22 pm »
Some of my posts have been removed with no 'deleted' notice for me at all. They just disappeared.  :'(
I'm thinking of copy and pasting them into word and saving them so if it keeps happening I can keep posting the same one and they might realize it and be baffled for at least a minute hahaha

If there is anything I am able to help out with at CNN, please let me know.

Blessings!

The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »
Some of my posts have been removed with no 'deleted' notice for me at all.
I'm thinking of copy and pasting them into word and saving them so if it keeps happening I can keep posting the same one and they might realize it and be baffled for at least a minute hahaha

No. That's a quick way to get banned. Go copy them off, but wait and use those comment at a later time to another poster. This will save you time and you can wordsmith the comment to be more to your liking.

There has been a lot of deletions today. Where your comments to other people who disappeared? Often the mods will just delete the whole part of a thread. I have only noticed one comment you have made in the last day, how many have they removed.

PS FoJC seems to be gone.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2017, 04:57:28 pm »
I have only posted to Hobb.World. this week. I've been working on a few posts that I can just post without figuring out what I need to point out - so it's sounds like I will need a half dozen of similar ones to not be banned for that.
If I ever get to post to 'Lady', I look forward to seeing if she will answer since I will also be using a 'really really' pleasant post to her, with my beliefs in them as if finding out if she agrees. All I can do is try.

I am trying to work on the scriptures to find out if there is anything to contradict what I am intending to post about gays. I feel strong about how they are treated, and if I can even change one mind, maybe it will cause a domino effect. I think most of you realize that I fight to support gay equal rights, but I still believe it is a sin to my God. For me it's like any other sin that we can do, and they all need repenting of. If I can't treat gays properly and obey Jesus' commandment to love everyone, then I would certainly have to find out why because Jesus told us to love everyone with no exceptions. I have no idea who has read my past posts.

If I can be sure they won't come back and show me valid scriptures that show how I am wrong, so once I've found that out, I will be passing it on, BIG Time! If I can show scriptures to say they need to stop harassing Gays, or start harassing every single person (because we are all sinners) Oh Bob, I am so hopeful with this. I may not affect the Fundies, but just changing one person so they won't do it.. Cool! I'd rather go point it out to the world of Christians somehow if I could work it out the right way. It would be the one time I can think of that I would love to see a Fundie face to face so I could watch their face when they realize that I am right and then they have to quickly find the way to use scriptures to combat what I say.
Since I spoke to you and the other guys who support homosexual equality, and helped me with details of incidents, There has been practically nothing else on my mind when I am on my system.
I feel I'm helping God while I point out their errors. We are supposed to help each other with seeing and doing sins and what Jesus told us to be like. He is the one who told us to love everyone. That is what I am going by, as well as the 'we are not supposed to punish' for sins here on earth; and 'spread the gospel' and 'help everyone find Salvation' explaining about it's dependence on repenting: all of this must be done before they can choose what to do. We can't tell people they are damned to hell without explaining all these things first, or at least making sure they understand it.
Do you (or anyone here) know the NT well enough to help me with this? I need to know if there are any scriptures that tell us to punish anyone for sins ourselves; and if there is anything making that list of sins outside the commandment of "Love one another."
I've already found one that lists adultery but not homosexuals, or lust except murder rape and the sins he actually mentioned that are all against our laws of land.
If a law goes against love one another it won't be valid because of that commandment right?

I'm going to go searching some more and checking various ones that some of the Fundies did that i did not take any time with because what the poster said was wrong.

Did you see my post to Ted R. Weiland? I honestly did not know the man was an Evangelist before I said this, or I would probably not have said it. At the time it was innocent, but once I knew it was actually Ironic.

"In a big way, the pharisees of those days are like those big church Pastors that use all the money their church has on himself and for making himself famous so they can make more money. Hypocrites. "

I appreciate anything you can help me with for my little project. Of course I am willing to listen to anyone's opinion why I am incorrect in the scriptures now or when I post my idea. I'll likely post it here for criticism first anyway.  8)
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2017, 05:41:07 pm »
I suspect there is a behind-the-scenes network of these fundies, probably a Slack account where they all meet up to talk and plan and scheme, used by Lady Checkmate which ties her "saints" together (vermin like Doug Bristow) with some of the Christian News Network people.  I say this because they were separate entities before but now they cross over into each other's territory, which is why you see things like Lady Checkmate being the one dedicated, persistent upvoter of everything Amos says.  She also supports Jason Todd and Guest Verified.  Jason Todd and Doug Bristow post at both places.

I further suspect they "gang up" on certain posts and posters (like me) by flagging and reporting.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:09:39 pm by Jocasta »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2017, 07:55:16 pm »
I just saw FoJC was gone.  I'd almost guess he had some sort of meltdown that I didn't see, it seems like he was getting less coherent with every post he made when I was talking to him. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, nothing of mine has gotten deleted.  I'm almost surprised by that, I've been slightly more uh....snippy than usual lately, I guess.  Amos particularly is just really starting to get on my nerves.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »
If I totally blew this and you are not fighting for faith, please forgive me. I will (try to) remember next time if you remind me when I make those mistakes, ok?

I appreciate anything you can help me with for my little project. Of course I am willing to listen to anyone's opinion why I am incorrect in the scriptures now or when I post my idea. I'll likely post it here for criticism first anyway.  8)

You never need to apologies for being who you are. If folks don’t like it they will probably just skip your messages. KingOfRhye just admitted to being snippy, I love to see some of them squirm and do mental gymnastics, Ambulance Chaser, maybe a saint among us, gets in a few digs, and we won’t even mention Zampogna. I think this crowd can take it. Even the admins over here have a sense of humor, something clearly lacking elsewhere.

———————
Help can be on the way. First I will point you to the Skeptics Annotated Bible. It is free and available at, you guessed it, skepticsannotatedbible.org  The righthand column under “Highlights” lists both “Good Stuff’ and “Homosexuality”.  They also have a Discussion Board where you might be able to get advice and they may want to include some of your research. Disclaimer: I have never used the Discussion Board but they are good folks.

And right here you have probably a very good group of Devil’s Advocates.  Many studies have shown atheists and agnostics generally know the Bible better than most Christians. For one thing it is by any standard a Wisdom Book that has influenced much of western thought. Any thinking  and blogging person simply must know the many references to Biblical stories. Reading The Analects comes later.

There is already a thread called “Conversations with Sharon at home”, I suggest you pre-publish you thoughts there. Those interested can help wordsmithing, editing, asking for clarification, or pretending to play Oboehner.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2017, 10:34:27 pm »
You all are so great at helping and supporting me; no not great, you guys are all Awesome. Now if I can just finish this and convince you all to believe in my Jesus! lol!!! hahahaha I truly believe that it is each of our own decisions whether to believe and we have to make that decision for ourselves, no one else can do that for us. Or force us to believe either. So God accepts that for various reasons, some people will not follow Jesus; He includes it in unrepentant sin and as a choice against believing in Jesus, just like the other sins. I am supposed to encourage you to turn to Jesus and there is nothing else we as humans are supposed to do beyond that for people who do know the bible well, and choose not to believe. If you are willing to read my posts to see if you are are able to help me, I hope you consider what I say as another viewpoint that should be considered as why you should believe, maybe sorta.
I'm starting to give WWJD quizzes with one of the posters, Sandralee. I don't really think she is a fundie, I think she's a sad person because her cousin was grabbed I think, by those groomer type pedophiles, and she believes that they are grouped in together with homosexuals. I had a talk with her once about it, and tried really hard to help her get peace from Jesus, but obviously I was not successful because she confronted mamabearly without knowing it was me, and she sounds just the same. So instead of showing total compassion, I will see if I can get her to confront how she thinks of Jesus with the WWJD quizzes; I figure it is worth a shot to try again. Maybe I'll find out more about her story to see if it is on the up and up.  ;)
And there is always the readers to consider. I really want to do my duty for my God.

Thanks Bob, you are always a great source for me to know how do the smart things and how I should get to know more from people who might agree with me about the bottom line.
I'm going to go over to the Sharon board to reply to this - good idea Bob! (as usual)

God bless! See over there!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2017, 11:58:57 pm »
I suspect there is a behind-the-scenes network of these fundies, probably a Slack account where they all meet up to talk and plan and scheme,

The thread "Trump taps New Communications Director..." has 51 posts - all new people. Well one person has also posted recently on a couple of other threads at CNN and AC and I have tangled with him. Also one person posted something about 5 months ago.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2017, 09:09:28 am »
The thread "Trump taps New Communications Director..." has 51 posts - all new people. Well one person has also posted recently on a couple of other threads at CNN and AC and I have tangled with him. Also one person posted something about 5 months ago.

Ken Faivor is the only name I recognized in all of that.  I am surprised all these people are new but I would suspect that because it is such a political topic, someone on one of the political channels on Disqus posted a link to it and they all naturally streamed over.  The forum area of Christian News Network is hosted by Disqus but Disqus forums are generally a separate breed from Christian News Network.

In short, I don't suspect Lady Checkmate's people.  She literally has less than ten people.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2017, 03:40:38 pm »
Jacosta,
If I can't troll and down-vote, I'd still like to help in any way I can.
If you don't make it centered on Checkmate as obviously as that, and told posters who go further than what the board's rules are, you could ban them after like 3 warnings, or deletes. Something that will limit the over-haters from taking over the board? It's a reasonable reason to ban someone especially with the warnings. If you post as moderator to reply on the post that is against the rules, everyone will know that they have 3 warnings or they too will be banned. It isn't hurtful in any way, but it keeps the people out that ruin the site, and end up getting it killed off.
Jocosta, have you been able to talk to anyone who was humiliated and banned by 'Lady' at all? I'm sure they could tell a friend, who could tell a friend, and so on, so the board for venting is out in the community and more people who have been  banned will come to check it out (wouldn't they?) It can be for venting, rather than hateful comments directed at 'her' and be like a relief for problems that cause humiliation even... (Humiliation Venting) It is not directed at her, and no one could complain if the comments ended up often to be about her, could they? I'm sure people might have been banned for other boards for other reasons that they might want to vent about too.
I want to get the people who would get hurt away from her. I also want to give the people that have already been abused, a place to talk about it. And making you feel better is even more important than those to me. Saying what happened is not "against" her, it is an experience being related. Heck, the use of "one of the sites I've been banned on..." so no one can prove where it was. Not even her.

I really want to help, if you can help me work this idea out so it is getting them away before they are banned if it is at all possible. I also think it would be a place that has to be moderated and the rules stuck to, to avoid umm interlopers as well as trolls and the people who could take it over with their own rants, but it could be done.
Try and make her pay by being a better person than she is. Find a way, if mine won’t work, to hit her at the knees to knock her down. Never let yourself act with less than you expect her to. If you lower yourself to doing something to her, you are not much better than she is under the circumstances. But if you approach it by pulling away the people before she can abuse them, that will make a much bigger stand against how she treats people. Not being about a site that banned them specifically, but just what happened to get them banned, with no pointing fingers, but with it being obvious from other things said, Not only will it pull the people away, and give them a place to complain without specifics, which takes away the focus away from trying to harm her in any way.
I'm sure I am not aware of more than before, but maybe some of the problems can be worked out too. Like are there private member boards? that kind of thing I don't know. I'll be glad to create anything you need for a board, if you would need it.
I'm trying to support you by helping you and giving it to Lady all at once, but you are the expert on her, not me. I need your help or I can't trouble her in a loving way to others; If I am helping others to avoid her abuse, it is a good works. So help me figure out how to do that?
Any suggestions or helpful information welcome as long as the 'Lady' is taken out of the game, because that is the reason there is a game in the first place.
God blessings!

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2017, 12:22:23 pm »
I suspect there is a behind-the-scenes network of these fundies, probably a Slack account where they all meet up to talk and plan and scheme,

Which poster are you referring to?

I wandered into that thread, but didn't see that there was much I could say that was useful. Just a lot of playing "Who's the Most Fundie?" There was no argument I could have added anything to.