Author Topic: Doug Bristow: "Worshiping Satan by default"  (Read 1316 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Doug Bristow: "Worshiping Satan by default"
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:10:57 am »
I had to read this line a couple of times to make sure I was reading it right.

Yes, this horrible nut believes that if you don't do things his way you are worshiping Satan without even knowing it.

"Mormons do not worship God just as Muslims do not worship God. All that do not worship the one and only true living God are, by default, worshiping Satan and that will send you into eternal damnation and torment."

At what point do you look at your own faith and say "That's utter crap" when they start teaching things as unbelievably off the wall as this?

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/mitt_romney_attacks_christianity_and_calls_southern_baptist_pastor_robert_jeffress_a_religious_bigot/
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Doug Bristow: "Worshiping Satan by default"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:12 pm »
It's probably utterly futile to point out to him that yes, Muslims and Mormons (who consider themselves Christians) do in fact worship the same God....and that people can definitely worship something besides God OR Satan.

I guess it's the fundie mentality, though...everything's gotta be black and white, either A or B and nothing else.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:23:05 pm »
It's probably utterly futile to point out to him that yes, Muslims and Mormons (who consider themselves Christians) do in fact worship the same God....and that people can definitely worship something besides God OR Satan.

That ties in with No True Scotsman too.  Just TRY to tell Amos it's the same God.  Sane Christians wouldn't disagree with you, but this is Amos.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 01:05:31 am »
Everything thats different and scary is Satanic.