Author Topic: Reasons why my ban should at least be reduced to a month  (Read 2303 times)

JacobStuartHarrison

Reasons why my ban should at least be reduced to a month
« on: December 10, 2018, 03:43:37 pm »
I have looked at the thread containing the rules and found how according to the rules of this site, my ban should not be permanent.

None of the rules matches exactly with what got me banned. The rule that comes closest is this.

“Don't make sexist, racist, homophobic or transphobic remarks.”

I never said anything that is racist. I already explained how I was not talking about the Jewish people as a whole, but more importantly I was not talking about the Jewish Race. I was talking about the Jews in Spain who practiced Judaism and was explaining why they were forced to convert to Christianity during the Inquisition.

And I did not make recent homophobic remarks. When doing a google search for the definition of homophobia, it shows Dictionary.com’s definition of homophobia as this. “having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.”

I do not dislike or have prejudice against homosexual people. As a Christian, I love homosexuals. I just want them to repent because I believe that having homosexual relations is a sin but so do most Christians and I was never banned for saying that. I was given two week long bans for advocating conversion therapy. Are you seriously going to ban every conservative Christian who comes here if they state their religious belief that having homosexual relations is sinful?

Finally, even if I somehow inadvertently broken some rule, the information I stated above shows why it should be reduced to a month. It says that “Repeated violations will result in temp bans of increasing length, and then a permaban. Normally, this might be a week, then a month, then permanent.” Since my previous bans were each a week long, according to the forums rules, my ban should be for a month instead of permanent.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Reasons why my ban should at least be reduced to a month
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »
I never said anything that is racist

Incorrect.

Are you seriously going to ban every conservative Christian who comes here if they state their religious belief that having homosexual relations is sinful?

Conservative Christians, especially conservative Christians who believe conversion therapy is a good idea, are not the intended audience of this forum. If the forum's rules alienate them, that's somewhere between "I couldn't care less" and "good, they are serving their purpose".

“Repeated violations will result in temp bans of increasing length, and then a permaban. Normally, this might be a week, then a month, then permanent.” Since my previous bans were each a week long, according to the forums rules, my ban should be for a month instead of permanent.

I wrote those rules, Jacob. I explicitly phrased this as "Normally this might be" rather than "In all cases this will be" because I preferred the flexibility of deciding the length of bans on a case by case basis (this was a change from previous policy, which also included a year-long-ban before the permaban).

Get a new hobby.
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »
He is the gift that keeps on giving.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:03:33 am »
He is the gift that keeps on giving.

... And nobody wants the gift but it keeps coming back no matter how many times they throw it away.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 01:42:39 pm »
"...I do not dislike or have prejudice against homosexual people. As a Christian, I love homosexuals. I just want them to repent because I believe that having homosexual relations is a sin..."

You're really doing the "I don't hate the sinner I hate the sin" bullshit? Really? I mean....really?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 03:41:42 pm »
Wonder how his conversation with Distind is going.

Ironbite-if he can even find Distind that is.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 05:52:00 pm »
(Jacobv is still trying to argue this, btw. I'm just not approving his posts)
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 06:50:34 pm »
(Jacobv is still trying to argue this, btw. I'm just not approving his posts)

Thank you.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 06:59:21 pm »
HE IS ADORABLE!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 08:56:41 am »
Ya know, as much as the Catholic dogma insists on just laying back and letting Yahweh give it to you up to the elbow, ol Yakob seems to have quite the issue with acceptance.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 08:59:50 am »
His ban is much too spicy for him.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 02:36:51 pm »
Maybe he wants to report back to Lana in the hope that keeping her in the loop about what's going on here will get him into her good graces.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 05:39:23 pm »
I wonder if his attempted posts here have started to have incel-style death threats or something.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 03:14:40 am »
Wonder how his conversation with Distind is going.

Ironbite-if he can even find Distind that is.

Doubt it, and even if he did find him Distind more than likely wants nothing to do with Jakey.