Author Topic: Conversations with Sharon at home  (Read 12699 times)

pyro

Re: Conversations with Sharon at home
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2017, 08:09:43 pm »
That's the "some sins are more evil than others" option, and it's the one that fits intuition best (jaywalking is not as evil as arson or murder, intuitively speaking). That's cool.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2017, 09:08:08 pm »
That's the "some sins are more evil than others" option, and it's the one that fits intuition best (jaywalking is not as evil as arson or murder, intuitively speaking). That's cool.
Just the fact that Jesus loves all of us, makes it easier to understand his word in the way that we can see the way he led us in the Gospel to show us the way. The Truth. the straight and narrow path. He didn't just teach us about sin, but it was clear the lessons he showed as an example of the way to behave as he did.

You want to know how I see The Truth Pyro? well, you get to anyways lol

Right from the beginning all God wanted was a world of people who would love him for making our lives so wonderful. He provides, he blesses, he shows the people who believe so many wonderful things and help within their lives.

A world of love should not have sin as love means never hurting the one you love. So without sin, the world will be without sorrow, without tears. with peace and joy. Just like Heaven is told to be.

So I think Jesus will use every way possible to get people who are not evil into his new world and heaven.
He loves us completely, with the self sacrificing, with having at heart the welfare + best interest of the object loved - which is us!

Just love, and continue to be a good person, Pyro, you'll show God that you want to follow him all the way. Complete Trust and Complete loyalty. Nothing less I guess. But loving Jesus makes it easy to give up things that don't matter as much once you know about him. repentance comes easy with the knowledge that your sin will be forgiven, and forgotten.
Love God, Love each other, love love love.  The Beatles song "All you need is love" is a very accurate title for what the Lord wants for us. Peace Joy. and a sense of wonder at the way he loves us, when we are so much less than he is, and yet he treats us with love so much throughout the journey.
God Bless!
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »
The "deleted" wikipedia link was from Roger Greenslade and was for "field slaves in the United States"
And the post was not deleted but is lower down in the comments
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:42:46 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 03:04:22 pm »
That's strange. I would have replied to the link and the reply went to Doug.
Very strange.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm surprised that Doug Bristow did not correct that.
Was the link there yesterday?
I will apologize again... but honestly I find this situation strange.
They deleted so many posts it's not a surprise I screwed up though.
The link isn't there anymore at all.

Like I said, I find this odd. I don't hit the wrong reply very often because I have before and I know it's a hassle getting a reply from someone you did not intend to.

I can't imagine me saying it to him without it being right where my comment was. It should have been between our two comments, and it's gone.

Does anyone know who K.P. is? If she is what she says she is, she's a feisty lady. I still think she sounded like a troll the way she wrote the first post.

The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2017, 08:58:03 am »
I've just read the 'rules' for posting. Depending on the Moderators religious beliefs, I could have been banned for disagreeing with others about the Belief I have.
Does anyone know how I can contact them to find out why I was banned. I don't expect they will bother answering, but other people have found out before so I thought if nothing else, I will point out the way Amos behaves with me. If he doesn't get banned from the way he speaks to people then we know he has friends in high places.

If I go on with another name/email they can't ban me because they "think' it's me, can they?

I don't know whether to be annoyed, or sad because I can't post, but at this point I am just frustrated.

I've noticed a lot of unfamiliar names too. Just before I was banned I had at least 2 people practically attack me, to the point where with one of them I refused to keep replying.

If I don't get back on the board, they will convince everyone that God is a hateful God. 
Do you know I can't get one of them, not even one, to address the last commandment to love each other, oh except Amos who doesn't count. He says that the Love Jesus was talking about what an ACTION not an Emotion. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't know what Love is. He honestly has no conception of how it feels to love.

I just read some of the comments from Aug. 10.

Jocasta I don't think you can go to heaven just by being loyal and dedicated without following the instructions that Jesus gave us to do to be considered "good" Christians. He told us how to behave properly as Christians and the Lutherans (Amos) do not think that they have to follow those instructions to be saved.
Jesus made it plain that we are to do what he instructed us to do when he told us that some would not be known by Jesus when they came calling Lord Lord because they were not behaving the way that he wants Christians to behave. If they had realized that Jesus had told us how to be good Christians, there would not be the problems with Christians that there are.
Ok so there would be less....

The really bad attitude they have beyond their feeling like they are the privileged people of God, and no one else is right about their belief. Jesus told us there would be more than one church and he did not indicate that they were not Christian Churches.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2017, 02:59:27 pm »
Rules? I don’t think Christian News Network plays by any rules. They post rules, because, well, they have to. But they don’t use those rules when removing messages or banning people.

I have never heard of Christian News Network providing a reason for their actions or reinstating people. Some other blogs do. Checkmate certainly doesn’t. The only comments I have heard are comments made on other sites by people who were banned, those folk never had actual reasons from CNN.

If I go on with another name/email they can't ban me because they "think' it's me, can they?

Generally no. However, the mods may well be looking closer to new people. And there are a couple of different ways to ban someone. First and most usual is to simply to ban the disqus account. This means MamBearly can no longer post messages. More complex for the mods is to ban an IP address. This means the “location” where you post will be blocked. This has happened to Jocasta. If you make posts from home, this means you can not use your home computer*(caveat, see below). If you post from a laptop or tablet, it means you need to find a new Starbucks.

* caveat - The TOR web browser scrambles IP addresses so you can still make posts from your home computer.

I don't know whether to be annoyed, or sad because I can't post, but at this point I am just frustrated.

Be all of the above. Think of Christian News Network as a video game. Most folks play for a while and when they get killed they go away. However, like video games you can have many new lives and continue to play. I have a friend who plays video games very carefully, never dying, however, she never gets off Level One. Jocasta is just the opposite, sometimes losing a new persona within hours.

Like any video game Christian News can be frustrating. However, like video games you have only lost one month of posts. Check out

https://disqus.com/by/MamaBearly/

1728 comments refuting Amos, et. al. - many of them “Guest”
and 1467 High Fives (upvotes) from people  influenced by you. And of course many many more people who have read you comments as a rebuttal to much of the hate.

How about a naming contest for the new you? How about “Daughter of Jairus”?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:15:01 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2017, 04:22:38 pm »

Bob you are SO good for me! I send you multiple hugs. Thank you for pointing out the upvotes, I had not noticed that on the side before. So I might have made a difference to more than I imagined I might. That's a nice thought.  ;D

How about a naming contest for the new you? How about “Daughter of Jairus”?

Ok I'm open for suggestions, I am looking forward to seeing what you all suggest!

Anyone want to enter our contest?  ;D

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2017, 06:06:00 pm »
I love the daughter thing but I would go for 'Daughter of Jephthah'

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2017, 06:21:46 pm »
How about Lady of Jumping Jehosaphat
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2017, 07:52:41 pm »
Here are the names so far
Daughter of Jairus
Daughter of Jephthah
Lady of Jumping Jehosaphat

My Dad's name happens to be Harvey. How about 'Daughter of Harvey' ::)

I'm sure there will be a few more, I'll give it a few days.
I think I'm going to have fun picking one of them... maybe I'll keep the list for when I am banned next time. lol!!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
Here are the names so far
Daughter of Jairus
Daughter of Jephthah
Lady of Jumping Jehosaphat

More folks who have risen from the dead -
  • Jon Snow
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Westley (Princess Bride)
  • Gandalf
  • Jim Duncan (High Plains Drifter)
  • Commander John Sheridan (Babylon 5)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:20:19 pm by Bob J. »

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:06 pm »
I think I'll pick after the long weekend.  ;)

I will not be online during the day until after Sept. 21st.

My church is having 3 weeks of fasting and because I am diabetic and cannot fast from food, I fast from my computer for the day instead.

Starts the 2nd.

Don't have too much fun with Amos, I'm looking forward to making a new me to trouble him. I have to figure out what I can say and how to say it though so they can't figure out that it is me, right Jocasta?

I've got a good imagination, I expect if I try I will get to explain the gospel, just not like I have.

I really wonder if that was Amos at the beginning of the King's conversation with him. It was awfully wordy for him.
He never did that even at the beginning I don't think.

So see you in the evenings only!! Blessings and Have a Great Day/Night!!

pyro

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2017, 08:49:17 pm »
More folks who have risen from the dead -
  • Jon Snow
  • Sherlock Holms
  • Westley (Princess Bride)
  • Gandalf

• Aslan
  • Harry Potter
  • Snow White*
  • Juliet Capulet*

* The stories describe the characters as experiencing cardiovascular death, but they treat this as separate from being "really dead." In particular, the characters didn't enter the afterlife.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:52:14 pm by pyro »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2017, 12:59:31 am »
-Beetlejuice
-Commander Shepard
-Doctor Who (repeatedly)
-Beetlejuice
-Commander James Bond
-Prince Arthas
-Zombies, skeletons and vampires
-Beetlejuhashhdhghaf... I'm not falling for that trick again!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:06:30 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2017, 08:43:41 am »
Captain Jack Sparrow?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.