Author Topic: Weird Sovereign citizen campaign in Britain  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Weird Sovereign citizen campaign in Britain
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:38:47 am »
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36499750?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Strange billboards have started appearing all over Britain. The billboards appear to be referencing the "crown company straw name" conspiracy that some of the "Free men of the land" in Britain believe in. Strangely, the reporter tracked the message on the billboards to a Sovereign citizen writer/conspiracy-theorist in Canada although the billboards are in Britain.

...As for the average citizen, they are merely confused by these cryptic messages.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Weird Sovereign citizen campaign in Britain
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »
I always thought "sovereign citizens" were an American thing.  Just goes to show that stupidity is global.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:41:50 pm »
It kinda is just an American thing (well the name is anyway, in Europe I think they refer to themselves ad Freeman of the Land.) These idiots are on the list of dumbassas I make fun of for all time, next to flat earthers, hoteps (racist black nationals I talked about a while ago.) and most conspiritards.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:45 pm »
I wonder if it an actual Canadian involved or if it's just an attempt to hide their real identity and location. In a convoluted way it makes sense for a colonial to target the mother country since it's where we got our laws and where our queen lives, but it's still a stretch.

Then again, it might just be a shitty viral marketing campaign.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:46:34 pm »
Isn't there a man claiming to be the "real king of England", or is that a citizen sovereign?