Author Topic: School attack in Sweden  (Read 7423 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
School attack in Sweden
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:55:31 am »
1 dead, 5 injured including the attacker who was armed with a sword.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34602621

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/pupils-wounded-in-sword-attack-at-swedish-school

“When we first saw him we thought it was a joke. He had a mask and black clothes and a long sword. There were students who wanted to go with him and hold the sword,” a student told Swedish media.

Some witnesses said the attacker was wearing a Star Wars mask. Others took it to be a Halloween prank.

A statement from the hospital said: “We have four seriously injured patients. All are in surgery right now. One is a teacher and two are students. One is 11 and one 15 years old. They have knife wounds. One of the injured is the suspected culprit. He is being operated on for gunshot wounds. A teacher died at the scene.”

No word on the motive yet, but we may still uncover if the attacker survives his injuries.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: School attack in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 08:38:01 am »
Think it might have been another Breivik?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 08:48:57 am »
Too soon to guess. At this point I am willing to consider that theory but it might have been some bullied teenager with no agenda beyond"I will be famous" or anything really. Let's wait until the police reveal what they know.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 10:23:54 am »
This is a bit reminiscent of all those lone madman knife attacks in China over recent years, and combines elements of Aurora Theatre (the culprit's "costume"). I hope Sweden's media will keep his name out of the reporting. Describe everything about what a loser or how sick he is, but no fame given as to his name.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 11:35:42 am »
Wow.

Ironbite-hope no more die.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »
with a sword?!? what is this? the viking era? i'd understand it coming from norway, but sweden? guess it's not all neo-nazis, healthcare and death metal... that's really horrible, i'm saddened and disappointed in equal amounts.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:52:22 pm »
Damn.  I guess without guns, the mass-murdering types have to get creative.  (OTOH, at least the "mass" isn't in this murder.  Small comfort, I know.)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 08:35:41 pm »
I've found that an asshole who wants to commit mass murder will find a way to do it but at least this asshole doesn't get to wear that distinction and will remain, forever, just an asshole. But as was said before, I just hope they never mention this asshole's name. I don't want to know it. Ever.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 04:31:33 am »
This is a bit reminiscent of all those lone madman knife attacks in China over recent years, and combines elements of Aurora Theatre (the culprit's "costume"). I hope Sweden's media will keep his name out of the reporting. Describe everything about what a loser or how sick he is, but no fame given as to his name.

I hope so, too. I'll bet that mass attacks with swords, guns or whatever would be greatly reduced if the perp is a complete unknown.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:44 am »

I hope so, too. I'll bet that mass attacks with swords, guns or whatever would be greatly reduced if the perp is a complete unknown.

i dunno, for some people it could be a personal vendetta, fame could not even factor into the equation. (i've been on a criminal minds binge) infamy could be a motivator, but unless your a total psychopath (and derivatives of antisocial personnality disorder) you won't think the best way to be famous is by going on a killing spree. there's other causes that need to be factored in, like bullying, prejudice, mental illness, among other causes.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 08:49:21 am »
I can't link now but the police say the attack was motivated by racism and the killer (who is dead now) targeted specific people and let others escape. There is still a chance that they are wrong and he was after bullies and not just immigrants or something but we will have to wait until the police reveal more info.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:55:09 am »
Damn.  I guess without guns, the mass-murdering types have to get creative.

It seems like it's extremely difficult to do a mass murder without guns.

Gun fondlers over in 'murica should take notes, even though I know they won't.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13:58 pm »
I took note, Ironchew. I just don't have much to add, so I kept out of the discussion.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 12:14:06 pm »
It seems like one guy with a sword got as high bodycount as the average mass shooter in USA.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 12:31:05 pm »
Two dead, four hurt is as high a body count as your average shooter? You sure about that, Askold?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:33:04 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".