Author Topic: #YesAllWomen  (Read 14289 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: #YesAllWomen
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48:58 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen

Are we seriously equating radfems with all feminists?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04:05 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen

That sounds like a suspiciously #NotAllFeminists attitude. Radfems are the poisoned M&Ms.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:25 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen

That sounds like a suspiciously #NotAllFeminists attitude. Radfems are the poisoned M&Ms.

Wow that sure is some false equivalency there.  Let me explain something to you.

Radical feminists are very vocal in what they say.  You can identify them from a mile away.  In fact, what defines a radical feminist is what they say.  I've yet to hear of a mass amount of rapes and abuse towards men by radfems, other than maybe being yelled at on the internet.

The problem with #NotAllMen is that, quite frankly, no one is saying all men are rapists, and the people that do are not speaking for the entire #YesAllWomen/#EachEveryWoman tag, though you sure love to give them that much credence whenever it benefits you.

Quite frankly, yes, some men ARE like that.  And they don't have bright shiny labels that they apply to themselves to make them clearly visible.

Fact is, women in this country DO suffer a lot at the hands of men.  Do you deny this fact?

Now, how much have YOU suffered at the hands of feminists?  Been yelled at maybe?  Do you think that's equivalent to knowing that any man could rape you and get off scot free?

Can you honestly claim that the two are, at all, equivalent?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 08:37:36 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen
...what are you even trying to say?

Please explain.
I mean, I did say MOST of the time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:48:39 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »
Then explain #KillAllMen

Wow that sure is some false equivalency there.  Let me explain something to you.

Radical feminists are very vocal in what they say.  You can identify them from a mile away.  In fact, what defines a radical feminist is what they say.  I've yet to hear of a mass amount of rapes and abuse towards men by radfems, other than maybe being yelled at on the internet.

The problem with #NotAllMen is that, quite frankly, no one is saying all men are rapists, and the people that do are not speaking for the entire #YesAllWomen/#EachEveryWoman tag, though you sure love to give them that much credence whenever it benefits you.

Quite frankly, yes, some men ARE like that.  And they don't have bright shiny labels that they apply to themselves to make them clearly visible.

Fact is, women in this country DO suffer a lot at the hands of men.  Do you deny this fact?

Now, how much have YOU suffered at the hands of feminists?  Been yelled at maybe?  Do you think that's equivalent to knowing that any man could rape you and get off scot free?

Can you honestly claim that the two are, at all, equivalent?

Point taken. I will refine my earlier analogy:

Not all owners of assault weapons are mass murderers, but yes all humans run the risk of being mowed down by a few "poisoned M&Ms", as it were. Would you be fine with them carrying their weapons into a public space? Would you want these guys showing up in an elevator with you?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:32:05 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »
Yeah, I would be scared.  Open carry scares me.  Does this surprise you?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 05:38:55 pm »
Are those the guys that got kicked out of a restaurant because they didn't allow guns on their property?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 07:17:24 pm »
Point taken. I will refine my earlier analogy:

Not all owners of assault weapons are mass murderers, but yes all humans run the risk of being mowed down by a few "poisoned M&Ms", as it were. Would you be fine with them carrying their weapons into a public space? Would you want these guys showing up in an elevator with you?

If a "poisoned M&M" plans on mowing down scores of people, I don't think they have many worries about whether or not they can legally bring their weapons into public.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 08:16:19 pm »
This has nothing to do with the original topic, we have F&B if you need to work out your sexual tension.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 08:24:20 pm »
Pretty sure the only sexual tension going on here is in Lizard's head.

Confessions of love can go in F&B, I don't mind.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 08:55:49 pm »
Pretty sure the only sexual tension going on here is in Lizard's head.
I have actually written a 200+ page fanfic exploring what happens when you two must come to terms with your feelings for one another, Erin Jaeger and Dean Winchester appear in chapter 4.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:30:19 am by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »
Which two?  Me and Chew, or Chit and Chew?

EDIT:
And TheFrogman manages to say something ten times better than I could.  Yes, this is relevant.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:38:12 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:54 pm »
Which two?  Me and Chew, or Chit and Chew?

EDIT:
And TheFrogman manages to say something ten times better than I could.  Yes, this is relevant.

(click to show/hide)

I saw that today.  Here's a response:

The analogy doesn’t work for any of those other groups…..Men “scaring the bejesus” out of you isn’t the same thing as actually being in danger. Racists probably have plenty of stories about black guys “scaring the bejesus” out of them. And “wearing someone down” is the exact opposite of entitlement. You don’t work for things you feel you are entitled to…

The most ironic thing about this statement is that the latter half of his response is what causes the former half a lot of the time.  Women feel afraid and threatened because, a lot of the time, men will not let up, no matter what they do.  You're talking about disregarding the desires, decisions, and comfort of women so you can continue to pursue them because you feel you deserve a chance with them.  It's called "wearing them down" because that's literally what you're doing; you keep going at it until the woman either becomes too frustrated or too tired to fight you anymore.  It shows a complete lack of respect.  That's why some see it as "entitlement".  When you work hard to buy a car or house, you're not undermining the wants and needs of those things because they're not alive.  They can't say "no" and "stop".  Women aren't objects to be "owned" or "won" after some "hard work".  When they say "no", that should be the end of it, regardless of whether you feel you "deserve" a chance.  You're not entitled to her, and you're not entitled to a chance with her, no matter how hard you "work at it". 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »
...I really wish I could smack that person with a cluebat.

I really wish that there was a mystical club-shaped object out there that could instill actual knowledge and wisdom to people smacked with it.  Along with pain.  Mental pain over their previous stupidity.  Physical pain over being hit with a club-shaped object.