Author Topic: Donald Sterling brings shame to the NBA  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Donald Sterling brings shame to the NBA
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:15:49 pm »
http://nba.si.com/2014/04/28/adam-silver-press-conference-donald-sterling-tuesday-nba/

NBA commissioner Adam Silver will hold a press conference Tuesday in New York City to address the investigation regarding alleged racist remarks made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Sterling came under fire over the weekend after TMZ released a controversial audio recording of an alleged conversation between Sterling and his girlfriend, V. Stiviano. On the tape, Sterling can allegedly be heard scolding Stiviano for bringing African-Americans to Clippers games and for posting photographs of herself and African-Americans to her Instagram account.

TMZ posted excerpts of the audio conversation in which Sterling, who is married, is allegedly upset with Stiviano — who identifies herself as “black and Mexican” — for posting a photo with Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.

“It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?”

“You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want.  The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games.”

Don’t put him [Johnson] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me.  And don’t bring him to my games.”
I find it very odd that a racist shithead like this guy would willingly date a black Latina.  Then again, maybe he considers her the "exception".

On the plus side, it looks like Cliven Bundy will have some company.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Donald Sterling brings shame to the NBA
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:25:04 pm »
I'm sure this will end well for him.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:39:30 pm »
He's the owner, so it's not like they can sack him. He's probably going to have a rough week or so, but as always, soon everyone will forget that this ever happened.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »
Let's not forget that 78% of NBA players are Black.  It could get awkward the next time he meets with the team.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:42:08 pm by Veras »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »
http://nba.si.com/2014/04/28/adam-silver-press-conference-donald-sterling-tuesday-nba/

NBA commissioner Adam Silver will hold a press conference Tuesday in New York City to address the investigation regarding alleged racist remarks made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Sterling came under fire over the weekend after TMZ released a controversial audio recording of an alleged conversation between Sterling and his girlfriend, V. Stiviano. On the tape, Sterling can allegedly be heard scolding Stiviano for bringing African-Americans to Clippers games and for posting photographs of herself and African-Americans to her Instagram account.

TMZ posted excerpts of the audio conversation in which Sterling, who is married, is allegedly upset with Stiviano — who identifies herself as “black and Mexican” — for posting a photo with Hall of Famer Magic Johnson.

“It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?”

“You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want.  The little I ask you is not to promote it on that … and not to bring them to my games.”

Don’t put him [Johnson] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me.  And don’t bring him to my games.”
I find it very odd that a racist shithead like this guy would willingly date a black Latina.  Then again, maybe he considers her the "exception".

Or perhaps he just felt that she was an "easy target".

...Which might be worse :S
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:26 pm »
The guy was barely coherent.  Huge over-reaction to this incident.  The posturing and platitudes are uncalled for.  Who cares what the owner of a basketball team thinks about anything?
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »
Who cares what the owner of a basketball team thinks about anything?
(Soon to be) Former owner.  ;D

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 03:38:13 pm »
Good!  Now if only we could be rid of a certain other Donald...

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »
Yeah, not surprised he's getting kicked out. He's insulted over half the people on his own team, after all.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »
I suppose it should come as no surprise that Matt Drudge, who Mark Halperin and John F. Harris called "the Walter Cronkite of his era," btw, has claimed, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, that Donald Sterling was a Democrat.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/apr/28/drudge-report/drudge-says-clippers-owner-democrat/