Author Topic: College Athlete Cuts Career Short To Save Stranger's Life  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
College Athlete Cuts Career Short To Save Stranger's Life
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »
http://www.today.com/health/i-never-had-second-thought-college-athlete-cuts-career-short-6C9670404#

Cameron Lyle has asked a lot of his body over the years, but he never expected it to save the life of a stranger.

A shot put star on the University of New Hampshire track and field team, Lyle was at the pinnacle of his collegiate athletic career when he had to make a profound decision.

A man with blood cancer was desperate for healthy bone marrow and Lyle was the only match on a national registry of potential donors. The only problem: if Lyle decided to donate, it would mean missing some of the most important track meets of his senior season.

Faced with cutting his career short, Lyle focused only on the chance to save someone’s life.

“I was surprised, I was pretty happy. I said yes right away,” Lyle, 21, told TODAY. “And then afterwards I thought about everything that that meant giving up, but I never had a second thought about donating. If I had said no, he wouldn’t have had a match.”

I have four words to say: Presidential. Medal. Of. Freedom.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: College Athlete Cuts Career Short To Save Stranger's Life
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »
Yeah. Beautiful guy!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:31 pm »
I read this earlier today. It helps to restore a little bit of my faith in humanity.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »
Wow... that's an amazing story. It's not often you see someone willing to give up so much to help someone. Especially someone they don't even know.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »
We need more people like this in the world.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter