Author Topic: Breitbart.com Fooled by Joke News Site After Blasting Writer for Being Fooled...  (Read 1298 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
By the same site.  Karma 372, Life 123,002,231,543. 

When a Washington Post columnist fell for a fake news story on the "satire" site Daily Currant a few weeks ago, Breitbart.com's John Nolte suggested the paper was without "a shred of self-awareness, integrity, and dignity" and wrote that it "never... let facts get in the way of a good Narrative."

Of course, that was before his own outlet got fooled by the exact same "satire" site. Over the weekend, Breitbart.com's Larry O'Connor published a post based on a Daily Currant item with the title "Paul Krugman Declares Personal Bankruptcy." The Daily Currant had its piece picked up by an Austrian magazine, and in turn by a blog called The Prudent Investor, which is republished on Boston.com (a property owned by Krugman's employers at The New York Times).

Krugman admitted that he'd seen the false reports but kept quiet because he "wanted to wait and see which right-wing media outlets would fall for the hoax."

http://gawker.com/5989887/breitbartcom-fooled-by-joke-news-site-after-blasting-writer-for-being-fooled-by-same-joke-news-site

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
Double check your sources, kids!
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Tee-hee.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Double check your sources, kids!

Dr. Meredith: A bit of advice...
Mitch: Oh, uh, thank you...
Dr. Meredith: Always... no, no... never... forget to check your references.
Mitch: Uh... ok... thank you. I'd better be going.
[leaves]
Dr. Meredith: [to his wife] I think the young people enjoy it when I "get down" verbally, don't you?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
More proof that Breitbart.com is a joke.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
More proof that Breitbart.com is a joke.

Who even goes to  Brietbart thinking it's news?

I mean besides my crazy conservative friends on Face book....
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor