Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827795 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4350 on: September 23, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »
Nice! Dino's are best tribe in Ixalan!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4351 on: September 23, 2017, 11:11:40 pm »
Yeah, they're pretty sweet.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4352 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:05 am »
Powered out 245 pound squats like it ain't even a problem today in the gym. Might have something to do with my 315 pound max - though I may have to test for a new max squat weight.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4353 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:36 am »
Got Path of Fire for Guild Wars 2 a couple days ago and I'm having far, FAR too much fun carving a bloody swath through Balthazar's army.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4354 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:21 pm »
Got my student aid refund, today.  Got a new shirt, some pyjama shorts, and a sleep mask for napping.  All were good purchases!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4355 on: October 13, 2017, 04:38:59 pm »
Not today, but I got engaged this week!!
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4356 on: October 13, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »
Congratulations!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4357 on: October 13, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »
Lunch: Eggplant linguine with mozzarella.

Damn that was good.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #4358 on: October 13, 2017, 10:56:22 pm »
Not today, but I got engaged this week!!

Congratulations!
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4359 on: October 14, 2017, 01:08:30 am »
My personal trainer Mitch says I am on track to be just like him in time for Summer - basically 220 pounds accounting for him being 6'4 and 260 pounds and me being 6'0.

Really a great thing to hear. I've always wanted to look like Mitch.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4360 on: October 14, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »
I helped restore democracy to Vancouver.

Longer version: A year or two ago, the Vancouver School Board (popularly elected by voters in the city) was fired by the provincial government for failing to pass a balanced budget and replaced with a single provincially-appointed administrator.

This year, a by-election was called to elect a new board to finish the balance of the term. (Also, one spot on City Council recently became vacant, and we also voted to fill that seat.)

And I just got home from voting. (One of the candidates is a post-op transwoman who is a former sex worker. She used to run a brothel for transwomen sex workers, and complained when it was shut down as a "common bawdy house," because there "wasn't anything common about it." I've never not voted for her--except maybe once when I voted a partisan centre-left slate to keep the right-wing party from controlling the various boards again--and while she hadn't run for a while because she realized her history was too controversial, apparently she's decided that society's changed enough that her past isn't a detriment any more. I hope she gets elected; I think her point of view will be a valuable one on the school board.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4361 on: October 16, 2017, 07:08:58 am »
Actually happened 2 days ago, but by some miracle the SNES themed special edition of the New 3DSXL didn't sell out immediately, even though Nintendo seems to only make 3 of any given product and then never make any more ever again, (which kind of implies the 3DS is dying, probably a combination of the Switch sort of making it obsolete and everyone getting sick of re-buying a DS every couple of years).  So I managed to get myself one, consolation for not being able to get a SNES mini, and have been playing the shit out of Diddy's Kong Quest AKA the best game ever made and I will fight you if you disagree.

Some might say spending nearly £180 on an obsolete console just for the privilege of buying a 20+ year old game for the 3rd time in my life to play it on a device that's painted to look like a squished version of another obsolete console is madness.  But I say fuck you, it's Diddy's Kong Quest and my DS looks like a SNES.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4362 on: October 18, 2017, 07:24:53 am »
So... it looks like today marks 30 years since I got shoved headfirst into this world.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4363 on: October 18, 2017, 03:09:52 pm »
So... it looks like today marks 30 years since I got shoved headfirst into this world.

How do you know you weren't a breech birth?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4364 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:46 pm »
HAPPY DAY OF SPAWNING!