Author Topic: Catholic Cardinal: Jews are inferior!  (Read 5144 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Catholic Cardinal: Jews are inferior!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »
However, with that I must state that this does not make the Jews at the time inferior, it simply means that at the time the Egyptians and Persians were more advanced civilizations.
Intellectually, it would mean the Jews were indeed inferior. Being a less advanced society naturally means lower standards of education and a smaller pool of knowledge. Though saying they were also morally inferior is bullshit, as morality is highly subjective at best.

It's also not the same thing as saying they were mentally inferior, as we have no way of knowing the intelligence of people who didn't have access to an education.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:11 pm »
However, with that I must state that this does not make the Jews at the time inferior, it simply means that at the time the Egyptians and Persians were more advanced civilizations.
Intellectually, it would mean the Jews were indeed inferior. Being a less advanced society naturally means lower standards of education and a smaller pool of knowledge. Though saying they were also morally inferior is bullshit, as morality is highly subjective at best.

It's also not the same thing as saying they were mentally inferior, as we have no way of knowing the intelligence of people who didn't have access to an education.

Nobody said they were mentally inferior, Pell included (he said intellectually and morally), so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »

Nobody said they were mentally inferior, Pell included (he said intellectually and morally), so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Since most people tend to equate "intellectual" and "mental," just wanted to throw that out there to try and head off the inevitable screeching by our "friends" from RR.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 02:45:21 am »
"no people in history have been punished the way the Germans were."

He had actually managed to get Richard a bit rattled up until that point, mostly by being epically snide and passive aggressive but still...way to absolutely shit over what could have looked like a victory!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 11:24:28 am »
If the Catholic church had any sense, they'd boot him and excommunicate him faster than you can say "Yeah, that's a BIG no-no"

Naturally, this means he'll enjoy his current job comfortably for many many years.
They're too busy busting "feminist nuns."