Author Topic: Caution For Any New Agey Parents Considering Telling Their BS to Their Kids  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
I myself believe in some New Age stuff but yes there has to be a balance there some where. I don't get too deep with New Age stuff because like Christianity, they have their fundies and I often get turned off when approached by the flowery, saccharine types.

By the way, welcome to the forums.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Distind

There's a difference between "predatory" body language and "I just want to be left the fuck alone stop invading my personal space I feel cornered I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE" body language.
No there isn't silly, and you should be smiling all the time, so everyone knows your happy, because you aren't happy unless everyone knows you're happy and so long as everyone know's you're happy you'll be happy.

I contend that I was horribly harmed by a psychologist as a child, the psychologist claims he was the victim.

As for the new agey stuff, my mother is into it a bit. But largely the oils and a bit of the reiki type stuff. Probably as much because it amuses her as any actual belief in it. Though she does really like those damn (stinky) oils. We've had our discussions on them but I find it really difficult to take it seriously, she says they often work, but knowing her it's as much her talking to the people as anything else.

That said, she's going into a home if she starts buying into that dillution business. She'll probably hit me for that comment too if she finds it.