Author Topic: Sanders/Clinton Democratic debate next week  (Read 23156 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Sanders/Clinton Democratic debate next week
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2015, 08:53:28 pm »
Cept....there was no shirking of the rules.  The staffer found the data, reported it, was fired for it, Sanders lost his access to the database for 24 hours, and that's that.  End of line.

Ironbite-if you think there was more to this you're sadly mistaken.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »
Cept....there was no shirking of the rules.  The staffer found the data, reported it, was fired for it, Sanders lost his access to the database for 24 hours, and that's that.  End of line.

Ironbite-if you think there was more to this you're sadly mistaken.

The nature of the search terms, and the fact that it was not reported, but the database operator found out about it, say otherwise. Likewise, Sander's intransigence and unwillingness to cooperate with the DNC's investigation leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Additionally, you justified him retaining the information, and that post operated on the assumption that he has retained information.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2015, 12:28:41 am »
Dear Hillary,
You are just so very lame, and you're not cool, so please never use the term "Let The Force Be With You" ever again to try to gain "cool" points.

Sincerely,
Every Star Wars Geek I know, including myself.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2015, 12:08:48 pm »
In all fairness to Bernie, he's a politician too, and a politician who's establishing himself as firmly anti-establishment. He's painting himself as the rebel candidate, the counterpart to Hillary's stable establishment-type candidate. Of course he's going to snap at the DNC, who basically represent the establishment, whenever he gets the chance, and do everything he can to spin this incident (which I sincerely believe he didn't know about in advance) in his favor. That's just what a smart person who wants to win will do.

True, spin is everywhere. But this is why the super-delegate count is something like 500 for Clinton while Bernie (I believe) has 8. To put this in perspective, you need just shy of 2400 wins the nomination. Hillary is just over 20% there before a single vote has been cast. I've said before in this thread, but a big reason for this phenomenon is Bernie's proclivity to lash out and alienate his colleagues. Spin aside, this isn't part of a conspiracy against Bernie, but a situation where Bernie "the political outsider" has made his bed and now must lie in it. He is also probably the only political outsider who has been in Washington for 24 years, but that's just a thought.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »
The sole reason all the super dels back Hillary is the same reason they all backed her over Obama: she's seen as the sure bet and they want something in return.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR