Author Topic: Colorado school board member: castrate the "boys" who "think they are girls"  (Read 15428 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
But you guys are so tolerant  ::)  actually in most places that is the norm  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of_transsexualism#Canada
Also strangely enough places that stone gay people are fine with transgender people side eyes Iran

My understanding (from living with an Iranian) is that Khomeini felt that you couldn't properly worship God if you weren't comfortable in your own body, and so the state pays for reassignment surgery in order to make that possible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
But you guys are so tolerant  ::)  actually in most places that is the norm  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aspects_of_transsexualism#Canada
Also strangely enough places that stone gay people are fine with transgender people side eyes Iran

My understanding (from living with an Iranian) is that Khomeini felt that you couldn't properly worship God if you weren't comfortable in your own body, and so the state pays for reassignment surgery in order to make that possible.
Not just Iran like Utah and Mississippi

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Not the first time people have demanded forced castration/sterilization of trans individuals. In fact, in some places in order to be considered fully transitioned you have to be sterilized.

In Finland one of the mandatory things that must be done before the sex reassignment surgery is sterilisation. Despite the fact that it is completely unnecessary. There are protests against it and people are lobbying for having that changed.

Yeah, exactly. People are also lobbying to change the rules in Canada, as well.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
I don't think canada has trans sterilization but trans people have to carry an extra piece of paper explaining the discrepancy to board planes.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
I don't think canada has trans sterilization but trans people have to carry an extra piece of paper explaining the discrepancy to board planes.

It's not compulsory but it is part of the requirements for an official change in status from m to f or vice versa.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
ive not found a citation  but im not saying you are wrong.  sigh  i mean tran people are better off in ca but still

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
They are better off in Canada than they are in a good number of countries including the US but it isn't completely trouble free.

Especially considering how in order to change your passport and driver's license in the US you only need to show a single paper from a doctor about it (you don't even need SRS). Rather than the requirements of an affidavit amongst other papers in Canada. So in the case of the m or f on legal documents, it's somewhat easier now in the US than it is currently in Canada.

I may be misinterpreting the laws in Canada, however, since I don't live there and laws are often in flux or have loopholes not normally shared. But I was reading Article 71 of the Quebec Civil Code, which requires of individuals seeking to legally change their gender to be over the age of 18, be a Canadian citizen and have undergone surgical modification to remove reproductive organs (which to me is what constitutes sterilization).

&

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Of course Quebec gets exceptions to many general laws so yeah

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
I hate this woman. With all of my hate. Even I know that transgender individuals aren't defined by their genitalia, but apparently she can't get over that. Also, how would that work out for very young children who may be diagnosed with gender dysphoria but who aren't authorized by medical professionals to have surgery at such an age? Or for people who can't afford that?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
I hate this woman. With all of my hate. Even I know that transgender individuals aren't defined by their genitalia, but apparently she can't get over that. Also, how would that work out for very young children who may be diagnosed with gender dysphoria but who aren't authorized by medical professionals to have surgery at such an age? Or for people who can't afford that?

This asshole's mind, in answer to the above questions.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Neith

• Bishop
This asshole needs to have her lips sewn shut. The bottom ones, of course, since she's the one who's calling for castration.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
And despite being a cismale, that last post made me instinctively cringe my legs together.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
I think that's pretty much a standard reaction for anything 'down there' by either males or females, considering the sensitivity of the area.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
This asshole needs to have her lips sewn shut. The bottom ones, of course, since she's the one who's calling for castration.
*gets sewing kit*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
*gets sewing kit*

*Grabs his arts and craft glue gun*