Author Topic: Conspiracy theorists pounce on the midnight Batman shooting in CO (RAEG warning)  (Read 24986 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Is anyone thinking Rush's comments a few days ago could be related? One comment I've seen begs that question.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
NO!  NO NO NO NO NO!  Nothing Baws Limbauh said had anything to do with this.  This was a random act of terror, that's it.

Ironbite-jesus.

Saturn500

Er... K7N02...

I'm not sure if it's explosives, I keep hearing incendiaries tossed around. You can buy those just about anywhere if you know what you're doing.

They just now reported on MSNBC that he had, in fact, rigged his apartment with explosives linked to trip-wires.

Something tells me the guy is just a lunatic.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Paultards, is it wrong this makes me wanna slap the shit out of one or two right now??? Would it be ok if I were to only use an open hand?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
If "more guns" prevented gun violence, then the US would have the lowest rate of gun violence in the developed world, not the second highest. (Estonia has us beat.)  It's not the number of guns. It's who is allowed to have them and where they are allowed to use them.

Personally I think it has more to do with that we have gun culture in this country that says that seeking mental health help is for pussies, what you need to sovle the problem is a gun. And you have pro-gun groups that are always screaming "THEY WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!!!" so the idiots go out a stock pile weapons, making the gun lobby(which includes the pro-gun groups) rich as fuck.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Er... K7N02...

I'm not sure if it's explosives, I keep hearing incendiaries tossed around. You can buy those just about anywhere if you know what you're doing.

They just now reported on MSNBC that he had, in fact, rigged his apartment with explosives linked to trip-wires.

Something tells me the guy is just a lunatic.
Well that's a first. I wonder which model is that.

Anyways, yeah, it's possible all this was premeditated, and it so happened the midnight screening was a perfect opportunity.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Maybe this guy is a wannabe Joker...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

shykid

If "more guns" prevented gun violence, then the US would have the lowest rate of gun violence in the developed world, not the second highest. (Estonia has us beat.)  It's not the number of guns. It's who is allowed to have them and where they are allowed to use them.

Personally I think it has more to do with that we have gun culture in this country that says that seeking mental health help is for pussies, what you need to sovle the problem is a gun. And you have pro-gun groups that are always screaming "THEY WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!!!" so the idiots go out a stock pile weapons, making the gun lobby(which includes the pro-gun groups) rich as fuck.

Bingo. This is exactly why/how the "system" (for lack of a better word) is set up so the wrong people get guns, they are allowed to take them where they shouldn't, and they pull the trigger when they shouldn't.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:51:04 pm by shy »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Well, one congressman thinks this shooting is the fault of separation of church and state:

You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place. Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important. Whether it’s John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people… Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country.

People say … where was God in all of this? We’ve threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God’s name, they’re going to be jailed … I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don’t want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present.
http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12856827-how-not-to-respond-to-a-tragedy?lite

Fucking vultures.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Yeah he's....special.

shykid

This is the same guy who said that if more people had guns, then this wouldn't happen.

I wonder if he seriously thinks guns are a Judeo-Christian value.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
well thats sure beats the other even more insane theory..

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:22:25 pm by booley »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

shykid

Oh, that's just crazy talk  ::)

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
This is the same guy who said that if more people had guns, then this wouldn't happen.

I wonder if he seriously thinks guns are a Judeo-Christian value.

Oh, those remarks are child's play compared to this.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS