Author Topic: Real-Life Clerics Are Booooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!  (Read 11505 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
For the record I play a hafling summoner who's Eidolon is a giant flying snake.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Aasimar paladin with a thing for light. She's also nobility, seeking to reclaim her rightful lands (they got conquered by some giants).

Fun fact: our initial party of five had no rogue and no arcane spellcasters.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
I play more NWN which is based off of but not the same thing as D&D.

My most frequent repeat character (the one I use in various modules) is Sirind "Zy" Zyrustine, a chaotic neutral/good (he's been swerving back and forth lately) elven rogue/wizard/arcane archer. In NWN you're allowed to pick your character's voice set, so for the lulz I gave him the "High-Strung Evangelist" voice set which is probably the funniest voice acting of all time.

"Attack! I SAYYY~ attack!"
"You are SOOO~ gonna feel some wrath!"
"Keep it up and I'll knock you into LAAA~ST week so you can spend it 'till now looking forward to me kicking your tail again!"

Now when I play him I pretend he's the cloud cuckoolander who lives by the philosophy of "God helps those who help themselves... so I'm helping myself to some of this evil count's gold."
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline deusmalusest

• Neonate
Okay, so as a fan of fantasy, I just have to say that whenever I think of clerics, I think of guys who can summon divine healing and smiting magic.  Generally they also have pretty solid hit points and can hold their own in a fight.

Sadly, I see this term used in real life.  Particularly in Muslim countries/with Muslims.  Where's their holy magic?  Oh, they don't have any?  FUCKING LAME!  >:(
Not to mention being able to wear medium armor. Though personally I hate divine casters and magical healing in fantasy games, from a DM perspective.

On the other hand, this paladin is probably cooler than a D&D Paladin:

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot

I don't mean to necro the thread any further... but I'm totally stealing this.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Oh me too.  *Yoinks*