Author Topic: What are your future presidential predictions?  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: What are your future presidential predictions?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 06:11:26 pm »
Well, looks like Bernie is going to run again https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2019/01/25/report-bernie-sanders-to-announce-2020-presidential-run-imminently

And Tulsi Gabbard. Not sure about Hillary but I think I've read somewhere that she is thinking about running again.

Kamala Harris has said that she is going to run and Elizabeth Warren too.

I don't know any of these women except for Hillary so I don't know much about what their platforms are. I guess I have plenty of time to research them.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 08:58:44 pm »
...before long Sanders is gonna become one of those "And also this man ran again" candidates.

Unless we can dunk him in the Fountain of Youth I could see his age being a major factor against him.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 01:29:18 am »
If Tulsi had any hope of being the candidate, her attempt to BothSides the government shutdown likely killed them.  And why is Bernie running again?  Dude, you're in your EIGHTIES.  People are going to want someone a big younger...

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 01:33:07 am »
I think I'll be in my forties and somehow, someway, I'll STILL wind up seeing "Bernie Sanders contemplating running for President again".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 02:42:14 am »
...before long Sanders is gonna become one of those "And also this man ran again" candidates.

Unless we can dunk him in the Fountain of Youth I could see his age being a major factor against him.

Tell me: what do you think of Joe Biden potentially running? Because literally every point you raise applies to him. (Unless somewhere in the fourteen months separating Biden from Sanders in age is the line between "too old" and "young enough".)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 03:10:53 am »
I'd honestly say the very same thing. Past a certain point the risk of senior citizen related diseases and sudden death become too high to ignore.

Trump himself is no spring chicken - we need some new blood, Republican and Democrat both, or we risk becoming basically a geriontocracy.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 03:16:52 am »
I'm putting my support behind my local senator (Kamala Harris) or, failing her, Beto O'Rourke. Young, passionate and charismatic, they're just the kind of people I think could win the Presidency.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 06:17:34 am »
O'Rourke gives me very uncomfortable Trudeau-vibes. Charismatic, youthful, speaks well about social issues but is very friendly with the big oil. That is a huge alarm bell for a potential presidential candidate specially from an environmental point of view but in the worst case can influence also foreign policy.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 06:53:39 am »
O'Rourke gives me very uncomfortable Trudeau-vibes. Charismatic, youthful, speaks well about social issues but is very friendly with the big oil. That is a huge alarm bell for a potential presidential candidate specially from an environmental point of view but in the worst case can influence also foreign policy.

Sen. Harris, meanwhile, has some red flags from her time as Attorney General of California--see, for instance, her declining to prosecute Steven Mnuchin (who just so happened to donate to her campaigns).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 08:48:19 am »
Howard Shultz is saying some interesting things. I must say, I don't hate where he's coming from, especially as an independent.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 02:06:15 pm »

The problem is, when you say "friendly with big oil", you ACTUALLY mean "received donations from people who work for big oil, and NOT the CEO's, if you catch my meaning"...

Sen. Harris, meanwhile, has some red flags from her time as Attorney General of California--see, for instance, her declining to prosecute Steven Mnuchin (who just so happened to donate to her campaigns).

My understanding of that situation is that Harris decided that trying to prosecute the bigwigs would have drawn out into a long court case, and she decided it would be better for the people suffering if she got them immediate relief.  See https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/21/1827095/-Kamala-Harris-and-the-big-lie-that-she-didn-t-prosecute-Mnuchin .

Howard Shultz is saying some interesting things. I must say, I don't hate where he's coming from, especially as an independent.

I would suggest not voting for the guy who's entire campaign at the moment is "I don't want my taxes raised"...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:10:51 pm by DarkPhoenix »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 02:32:29 pm »
Definitely not a fan of Schultz, partly because of his background (really, do we need *another* billionaire rich man business person with no government experience? Look at how well the *current* one is turning out), partly because he is, as I think Paul Krugman put it well, a "radical centrist" and I really don't need more of them around, and partly because I'm really scared he's going to spoil the election and give Trump a second term.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 03:43:14 pm »
Yeah Schultz's main problem is he's an idiot and really shouldn't be in this race at all.  But he's entering because AOC is threatening to "raise his taxes" back to when he was a kid in order to help fund this country.

Ironbite-keep in mind all Schultz has ever done is realize people like coffee.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 06:27:54 pm »
Eiki, I don't see how a businessman is any worse than a career politician. Both actively are against we the people, except for what we can do for them. Both are about keeping their own interests happy. And none of them has any idea what their people's struggles really are. Nor do they care.
Now it'll make everyone happy that I'm not voting for Schultz. Were I to vote for any business person it would have been Fiorina, but that ship has sailed a few years ago.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 06:29:08 pm »

The problem is, when you say "friendly with big oil", you ACTUALLY mean "received donations from people who work for big oil, and NOT the CEO's, if you catch my meaning"...

75% of his oil industry donations were not small donations from the workers but sums of over $200 from the executives with the total from the industry being second to only Ted Cruz among the House and Congress members. This broke the conditions of the No Fossil Fuel Money pledge he had signed and caused him being removed from that list.