Author Topic: Johnny Depp gossips  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Johnny Depp gossips
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:27:07 am »
I hadn't paid much attention to this, saw one or three headlines about Depp but hadn't bothered to read the articles as celebrity gossip isn't usually my thing. Then I saw Terry Gilliam share this column and note that he agrees with it:

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-is-being-blackmailed-by-amber-heard-heres-how-i-know-guest-column/

Bingo and I were at Johnny’s house for most of that Saturday until just before the alleged assault. We assumed initially that his dour mood was because of his mother’s death the day before. But he opened up in the most vulnerable of ways that it was not only his mother, but that Amber was now going to leave him, threatening to lie about him publicly in any and every possible duplicitous way if he didn’t agree to her terms. Blackmail is what I would imagine other people might put it, including the manner in which he is now being vilified.

We stopped not saying s—.

Bingo and I together, and then separately, told him how much we were aware of this manipulative a–hole, how his closest circle had all agreed on this since the day we met and that we all feared that telling him outright might alienate us all.

Love makes you do funny things.

I told him the truth and I half-expected to be asked to leave. But I wasn’t seeing Johnny Depp. I saw a naked Emperor. And we told him to get dressed.

Other people came in and out during the afternoon, all verifying that we’d been cowardly, saying things only behind his back for so long.

He seemed dumbstruck that nobody had ever come clean about this and he thanked everyone for being honest.

He still pronounced his love for Amber but was presciently aware that she was going to pull off some kind of ruse to f— him over.

He hadn’t slept in days with anxiety.

You’d call him a paranoid if you didn’t know better.

But he knew better and he was right.

As he finally felt like he could sleep, we left him. From what we now read in the news, later that night the police were called to his house for a domestic dispute. Finding no criminal act had occurred and no signs of physical abuse, the police left.

Everything Johnny had told us that she’d been threatening had actually come to be. It blew up in the news, raced through the Internet like a plague and blew up on Twitter like it was the McMartin child abuse scandal. People are swarming with torches on social media.

Interesting. Gilliam specifically said "Like many of Johnny Depp's friends I'm discovering that Amber is a better actress than I thought.. if only the "bruise" would stay in one place."

Whether this is just Hollywood phonies defending one of their own or Depp truly has been manipulated by his ex-wife remains to be proven by the courts but one way or another this goes beyond the average celebrity gossip shenanigans.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Johnny Depp gossips
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 10:08:25 am »
Honestly, I have a very hard time seeing Johnny Depp as an abusive husband.  I mean, this is a guy who shows up to a little girl's class in full Jack Sparrow costume and makeup, in character, just because she sent him fan mail.  Seriously, the only actor I know that could beat Depp in the "extremely nice person" category is Keanu Reeves.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:20:57 am »

Hm... This is actually an impressive amount of evidence. Well, I suppose it is not a surprise that one or both of them are actors good enough to fool their friends.

But yeah, if there really is video evidence and witnesses then this is an entirely different matter.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »
Aye, that's true.  Still, innocent until proven guilty.  For both parties.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 04:38:52 pm »
Unfortunately the press is already assuming it's all Head and is basically painting her as this manipulative whore who sleeps with anyone and Depp as some sort of put upon every man.

Ironbite-cause the world really can't understand bisexuality that well.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 08:56:03 pm »
It is always hard to tell with these things. However if the timing I heard was true, that is she requested an immediate property settlement and the allegations arose after the settlement offer was rejected, then it looks suspiciously like these allegations are being raised to ensure a quick pay off. However if someone belted me I would want to get some money quickly too....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:06:28 pm by davedan »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 09:11:22 pm »
I don't think we should jump to conclusions yet.  Me, I'll wait until we know more.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 09:40:36 pm »
I don't think we should jump to conclusions yet.  Me, I'll wait until we know more.

I'm sure both Heard and Depp are pleased to know that you won't rush to judgment.