Author Topic: How I am voting in this year’s elections.  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
How I am voting in this year’s elections.
« on: October 29, 2018, 08:40:40 am »
In the state of Massachusetts this year, there are the elections for governor, US senator, and 3 ballot questions on issues.

For Governor, I am relunctantly voting for Charlie Baker even though he is a RINO(Republican in Name Only) cuckservative who didn’t endorse Trump, because he is better than Jay Gonzalez, a Democrat becoming Governor.

For Senator I am voting for Geoff Diehl. Hopefully he will win against Senator Warren.

Now here are my positions on the ballot questions.

Question 1:This proposed law would limit how many patients could be assigned to each registered nurse in Massachusetts hospitals and certain other health care facilities.

I am voting no, because it would be a disaster. Most hospitals in Massachusetts are against it, many nurses are against it, and even the liberal Boston Globe is against it.  In emergencies where many patients need medical care, nurses would need to take care of more patients than they normally would, so the law would be bad for the patients.

This proposed law would create a citizens commission to consider and recommend potential amendments to the United States Constitution to establish that corporations do not have the same Constitutional rights as human beings and that campaign contributions and expenditures may be regulated.

I am voting yes, because in order to drain the swamp, we need to regulate campaign contributions and expenditures.

This law prohibits discrimination based on gender identity in a person’s admission to or treatment in any place of public accommodation. The law requires any such place that has separate areas for males and females (such as restrooms) to allow access to and full use of those areas consistent with a person’s gender identity. The law also prohibits the owner or manager of a place of public accommodation from using advertising or signage that discriminates on the basis of gender identity.

A YES VOTE would keep in place the current law, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity in places of public accommodation.

A NO VOTE would repeal this provision of the public accommodation law.

I am definetely voting no, because it is creepy for males and females who identify with the opposite gender to be using the restrooms of the opposite gender. I would be creeped out having females using male restrooms and if males could use female restrooms if they identify as female, then there could be perverts who could sexually harass or assault females in those restrooms.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:50:50 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: How I am voting in this year’s elections.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »
You do realise that Sen. Warren does in fact have Native American ancestry, right?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:50:38 pm »
You do realise that Sen. Warren does in fact have Native American ancestry, right?

Oh. I didn't know about the recent DNA test. I will now edit the post.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:15:35 pm »
...cuckservative...
Always fascinated by your lots obsession with cuckoldery, particularly when, in cases like yours they have no experience with relationships or fidelity in relationships.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:37 pm »
Hey I be thinking that Jacob is using Preaching and Worshipping as his own personal blog.

Ironbite-might be time to flush.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 03:24:16 pm »
...cuckservative...
Always fascinated by your lots obsession with cuckoldery, particularly when, in cases like yours they have no experience with relationships or fidelity in relationships.

This is the urban dictionary definition of cuckservative.

A cuckservative is a self-styled "conservative" who will cravenly sell out and undermine his home country's people, culture, and national interest in order to win approval with parties hostile or indifferent to them.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:43:46 pm »
...cuckservative...

A cuckservative is a self-styled "conservative" who will cravenly sell out and undermine his home country's people, culture, and national interest in order to win approval with parties hostile or indifferent to them.

As opposed to a normal conservative, who will cravenly sell out and undermine his home country's people, culture and national interest in order to win approval with corporations and rich people hostile or indifferent to them.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 05:13:54 pm »
...cuckservative...

As opposed to a normal conservative, who will cravenly sell out and undermine his home country's people, culture and national interest in order to win approval with corporations and rich people hostile or indifferent to them.

That is what cuckservatives did. The term cuckservative refers to the normal mainstream establishment conservatives that the right wing populist conservatives are fighting against.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 05:27:08 pm »
That is what cuckservatives did. The term cuckservative refers to the normal mainstream establishment conservatives that the right wing populist conservatives are fighting against.
That is partially correct in only the most technical sense. Trump isn't selling out to the elites because he is one of them in the first place. Still, the end result is exactly the same, so it's not exactly an important difference.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 05:36:38 pm »
That is partially correct in only the most technical sense. Trump isn't selling out to the elites because he is one of them in the first place. Still, the end result is exactly the same, so it's not exactly an important difference.

The end result is different. The cuckservatives got the US into the stupid Iraq War that caused mass US casualties and burdened the economy, shipped jobs oversees, and gave amnesty to illegal aliens. Trump has not started a stupid military intervention that is not in US interests, imposed tariffs to punish countries and companies that ship jobs oversees, and deports illegal aliens.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 05:37:39 pm »
Because Obama never deported an illegal alien, right?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »
Because Obama never deported an illegal alien, right?

He only deported some and gave amnesty to many others.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:44 pm »

The end result is different. The cuckservatives got the US into the stupid Iraq War that caused mass US casualties and burdened the economy, shipped jobs oversees, and gave amnesty to illegal aliens. Trump has not started a stupid military intervention that is not in US interests, imposed tariffs to punish countries and companies that ship jobs oversees, and deports illegal aliens.
Yeah, and Trump is not only expanding the military even further, he's also building a drone base in Chad (what's that about stupid military interventions that are not in US interests), increasing arms sales to Saudi Arabia (so they can bomb even more school buses in Yemen, no doubt) and is even in talks with Blackwater (or whatever it's called nowadays) to further privatise the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention, he put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA, outsourcing has if anything sped up under his watch and he's deregulated the financial sector to the point where the economy's on track to crash even harder than it did in 2008.

In any case, I'm rather curious about something. What exactly does regular conservatism look like to you? Furthermore, how is "right wing populism" not an oxymoron when right wing politics is all about putting the interests of the elites first and populism means the exact opposite?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 06:11:52 pm »

Yeah, and Trump is not only expanding the military even further, he's also building a drone base in Chad (what's that about stupid military interventions that are not in US interests), increasing arms sales to Saudi Arabia (so they can bomb even more school buses in Yemen, no doubt) and is even in talks with Blackwater (or whatever it's called nowadays) to further privatise the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention, he put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA, outsourcing has if anything sped up under his watch and he's deregulated the financial sector to the point where the economy's on track to crash even harder than it did in 2008.

In any case, I'm rather curious about something. What exactly does regular conservatism look like to you? Furthermore, how is "right wing populism" not an oxymoron when right wing politics is all about putting the interests of the elites first and populism means the exact opposite?

Expanding the military is different from military interventions. We need to have a strong military to keep our enemies at bay. His military interventions are to stop terrorists that our threats to us. Arms sales to Saudi Arabia is not a military invervention since the US is not fighting in the Yemen war, and in fact is a mutually beneficial deal since the US gets money off of the arms sales. Privatizing Wars means that private mercenaries will do the fighting for us.

The tarrifs did lead to a renegotiated trade agreement. http://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/09/24/trump-renegotiated-trade-agreement-south-korea/amp/

A crashing economy is only Bill Maher’s sick fantasy. The fact that he is wishing for it, shows that it is not likely to happen.

This is what right wing populism is. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_populism
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 06:14:08 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.