Author Topic: Ideas for superhero comic/political satire.  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Ideas for superhero comic/political satire.
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »
I'm currently thinking of making a comic where the main character is an American superhero (or rather Anti-hero) with extreme right wing views. His villains are over the top parodies of various ideologies that most conservatives hate with names like "Comrade Communist", "Jihad Joe", "Doctor Abortion" and "Ecofreak". Most of their crimes involve harassing politicians and lobbyists.

I was thinking of giving him the name Captain Conservative. However, as I developed the storyline, and Captain Conservative became a part of the government, I felt that the name was too partisan even though it fit him well, so I'll let you decide what his name should be. I don't think the name "Eagleman" fits him because of his color scheme and symbol

This isn't the final draft, and I made the top a bit more flat, and might use 4 red stripes instead of 3.

Anyways, any ideas you have to contribute will be great. I might make a new thread when I finish artwork.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Ideas for superhero comic/political satire.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 09:51:59 pm »
I prefer the name Captain Constitution.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:44 pm »
I like Captain Constitution.

Can he also have a sidekick/pet that is an eagle named Small Government?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 12:10:56 am »
I thought of giving him an Bald Eagle sidekick named "Liberty Chick" or "Sam". I was also thinking about giving him a human sidekick. If Liberty Chick isn't the name of the eagle, then it will be the name of her. If not that, something along the lines of heritage or tradition.

Other characters will include the clueless mayor, a right wing radio talk show host who praises the superhero, a libertarian superhero who gets nothing done, and a liberal/progressive superhero (who doesn't have superpowers but is in an armored suit like Iron Man) who

Speaking of which, I also need a name for her. I was thinking "Columbia" since that is the name of the cartoon that represents the USA and DC, but it doesn't seem like a social liberal would want to take the name of someone responsible for the deaths of thousands of Native Americans and didn't even step foot on the mainland. However, I'm not satisfied with the other names I am coming up with (i.e. Techno-Patriot) and the name isn't directly referring to Columbus.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:52 am »
I like either "Captain Constitution" or "Mr. Right." This network won't let me see your pic, unfortunately.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Distind

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:02:13 am »
With that logo '[military rank] Liberty' could work reasonably well, particularly for a hypocrisy angle.  Maybe lieutenant.

And I'll say despite some of it's uses Columbia was often presented as a symbol of solidarity and hope. Not always for the right thing, but you're not going to find any symbol like that which hasn't been misused.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »
Captain Conservative is a bit heavy handed.  Captain Constitution and Eagleman are both more subtle, and if you already have the logo drawn, I would probably go with the former rather than the latter.

I don't think he can have a human female sidekick--he wouldn't want her to be involved in front line combat.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »
^That was kind of the point, and is CC's original reation, as well that of the civilians which allows some character development.

If I decide it is Eagleman, than I think the logo will look something like this, although I might make Eagleman the surname of the superhero if i decide otherwise.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »
Mr. Right is a really good name too.

The Small Government comment, by the way, was taken from a parody of the frequently-circulated "Atheist professor" stories.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 05:24:46 pm »
Update: I have decided to name the protagonist Eagleman with the nickname "The Right Knight". I'll be making another thread for more ideas.

This is the new logo

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:50:41 pm by Cataclysm »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 05:41:12 pm »
Yay I liked Eagleman.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!