Author Topic: The RIAA is useless, blames Google  (Read 1194 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
The RIAA is useless, blames Google
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
Everyone – including Google – knows that the worst sites are repopulated with links to infringing files of the same content as quickly as links are taken down.  For example, in a recent one month period, we sent Google, and the site in question, multiple DMCA notices concerning over 300 separate unauthorized copies of the same musical recording owned by one of our member companies.  Yet that song is still available on that site today, and we reached it via a search result link indexed by Google.  This highlights the futility of the exercise:  if “take down” does not mean “keep down,” then Google’s limitations merely perpetuate the fraud wrought on copyright owners by those who game the system under the DMCA.

BBBAAAAWWWWWW we can’t stop people from uploading filez, better censor Google! What a bunch of clowns. What makes this situation utterly hilarious:

Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: The RIAA is useless, blames Google
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21:54 pm »

I'm proudly flying this flag.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov