Author Topic: Texas protecting the "sanctity of life" again  (Read 893 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Texas protecting the "sanctity of life" again
« on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:14 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/texas-senate-passes-bill-allowing-obs-to-keep-info-from-pregnant-women_us_58d0870fe4b00705db521fb2

This time by allowing doctors to lie to their patients. You see, if it turns out that a fetus has disabilities the doctor can instead lie to prevent the parents from opting to abort the fetus...

The final Senate vote on Tuesday split 21-9, largely along party lines. During an earlier period of debate on the Senate floor, Senator Jose Rodriguez (D-TX) expressed concern that the bill was simply a means of chipping away at women’s rights, The Houston Chronicle reports.

“It seems to be all about restricting and further limiting a woman’s right to exercise her choice as to what she’s going to do in the case of serious defects in the fetus, congenital defects in the fetus,” said Sen. Rodriguez.

SB 25 was not the only abortion bill to move quickly through the Texas Senate this week.

I'm sure that if they could just pass a ban on all abortions they would.

So, how many days was it that Texas wasn't an embarrassment to USA?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Texas protecting the "sanctity of life" again
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:04:00 am »
But what if the parents don't want to abort the fetus but want to know if their child is going to have disabilities?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:54:08 am »
I could make a really horrible joke, but I shall refrain.  Well, here, at least.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:19 pm »
In the medical community, there are debates about when, if ever, it's okay to lie to a patient. But this? This can't be justified.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.