Author Topic: 6 wars that China believes they will fight in the future  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
6 wars that China believes they will fight in the future
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:51 am »
http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/these-are-the-6-wars-the-chinese-think-theyll-fight-in-the-next-50-years

Hint, they plan to start all of these.

They plan to conquer several islands and provinces nearby that "historically" belong to China. Or more specifically belonged to ancient Chinese dynasties. For some reason, just like Russia, China believes that some Qing emperor having owned a piece of land means that the current entity that calls itself China legally owns it. For some reason this only work one way, for example China lays claim to Mongolia but does not think that Mongolia should own China simply because at one time Mongolians ruled China...

Oh and good luck starting a war with Russia... They have wisely left that as the sixth war with five minor ones to grind some experienced soldiers for the big one, but I'm seriously doubting that their neighbours are simply going to watch as China gobbles one island at a time in a series of invasions.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: 6 wars that China believes they will fight in the future
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:54:53 am »
http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/these-are-the-6-wars-the-chinese-think-theyll-fight-in-the-next-50-years

Hint, they plan to start all of these.

They plan to conquer several islands and provinces nearby that "historically" belong to China. Or more specifically belonged to ancient Chinese dynasties. For some reason, just like Russia, China believes that some Qing emperor having owned a piece of land means that the current entity that calls itself China legally owns it. For some reason this only work one way, for example China lays claim to Mongolia but does not think that Mongolia should own China simply because at one time Mongolians ruled China...

Oh and good luck starting a war with Russia... They have wisely left that as the sixth war with five minor ones to grind some experienced soldiers for the big one, but I'm seriously doubting that their neighbours are simply going to watch as China gobbles one island at a time in a series of invasions.
It's more of a wishlist than a sure bet. China has had gripes about all of these issues for decades.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 05:44:46 am »
China will never make any move whatsoever.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:56:19 am »
China, one of the few places that has more past-tense grandstanding than America.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:57 am »
China, one of the few places that has more past-tense grandstanding than America.
Don't forget Russia. Putin was last seen visiting Finland* and he told our president to be grateful that Russia helped us regain freedom.

...We had been part of the Tsarist Russia and now Putin, the president of the Russian Federation is trying to take credit for things that were done by Soviet Russia (before it became Soviet Union.)

This is some high level double think.

*According to Russian news Putin has canceled all meetings and has not been seen in media since his talk with the Finnish president so there is some debate on whether he simply decided to take a vacation from publicity or if there is something more sinister behind this disappearance.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:03:24 am »
If the Finnish equivalent to the CIA took Putin out I will be forever grateful.  Man's scary.

Also China vs. Russia?  Well I guess the end of the world won't be started here in the States.

Ironbite-*gets the caps ready*

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 10:16:19 pm »
We don't really have an equivalent of CIA. SUPO is more like your FBI - they do counterintelligence and internal security, not actual espionage. One of the perks of not being a major power is not having to get your hands dirty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:30:31 pm »
For what it's worth, I don't think China's leaders are looking for a fight so much as something to distract the public from a bad economy.  Their claim to legitimacy ever since they basically abandoned communism was that their leadership has brought China unprecedented economic growth, and fear that now that that's over Chinese people might start calling for democracy unless they stir up some shit to get all the good little nationalists cheering for them.