Author Topic: McCarthy admits that "Benghazi-gate" was a politically motivated operation  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/kevin-mccarthy-grades-john-boehner-214253

But McCarthy may have taken one thing a bit too far. When touting examples of leadership within his party, he pointed to Clinton's dropping poll numbers, crediting the Benghazi Select Committee for the change.

The only problem? Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy has always insisted the panel's work wasn't politically motivated.

“Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable right? But we put together a Benghazi Special Committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping," McCarthy said. "Why? Cause she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen,”

He isn't admitting that the controversy was fake but he did slip and mention that the committee was specifically set up to take down Clinton.

I doubt that this is going to hurt him or the GOP much since everyone with a brain already knew it wasn't a real scandal and the rest will keep on believing what Fox news is telling them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
The GOP's political wonks know exactly how to mold the opinions of stupid people. Stupid people vote. And since this is all happening in Eagle Land, that's a fuck-ton of stupid voters.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
I want this to blow up in the GOP's face, so much so that we end up with Sanders as President, and then the country will be littered in conservative brain matter or what counts for it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
That's pretty much what's happened here.  And the GOP honestly doesn't get it.

Ironbite-they thought we all wanted Hilary...turns out Sanders was waiting for this.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
A Republican politician named "McCarthy" involved in a witch hunt?  Where have I heard that before?

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
Hopefully this one is a bit more sober(seriously from the rumors I've heard over the years, old Joe McCarthy liked his liquor).

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
I want this to blow up in the GOP's face, so much so that we end up with Sanders as President, and then the country will be littered in conservative brain matter or what counts for it.

And I'll be doing this......

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
Fun Update: McCarthy as not only dropped out for the position of Speaker, but might have over a possible reveal of an affair. The GOP is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Fun Update: McCarthy as not only dropped out for the position of Speaker, but might have over a possible reveal of an affair. The GOP is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Funny how it's always the "family values" people.