Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089841 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4725 on: April 14, 2019, 04:31:47 am »
They're really desperate to blame EVERYTHING except for the only person who should be blamed for a school shooting, using the only TOOL that should be blamed for a school shooting, aren't they?

So, just to make sure I've got it right, school shootings are the fault of video games, rock & roll, trenchcoats, the Internet, single mothers, fathers not being macho enough, kids with too much imagination, there not being any guns in the schools, lack of metal detectors in the schools, lack of God/Jesus/Christianity in schools...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4726 on: April 14, 2019, 06:50:03 am »
Remember, whenever there's a school shooting, it means there was at least one more gun in (or near) the school than there should have been.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4727 on: April 14, 2019, 10:36:59 am »
For a case study, the worst school shooter in Canada was Marc Lepine.  He was raised by a single mom.  The reason was because his dad was an abusive fuck who beat him and his mother Monique so badly that Marc later had panic attacks around adult men.  And when Monique finally left him, Marc's dad engaged in financial abuse that left her in poverty til she had to leave Marc and his sister in the care of babysitters five days a week because she had to work long hours to make ends meet.

So clearly it's his Mom's fault he turned out rotten  ::)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:08:07 am by Skybison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4728 on: April 14, 2019, 12:50:59 pm »
So clearly it's his Mom's fault he turned out rotten  ::)

Obviously. She should have found a Nice Christian Man and gotten married again and let him be the breadwinner so she could stay at home and raise her children.

<vomit>
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #4729 on: April 14, 2019, 03:23:28 pm »
Being raised by a single mom has adverse effects on kids, but that's no reason to demonize single mothers. I'd ask why this guy isn't suggesting we help the single mothers' kids, but I think I already know the answer.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #4730 on: April 14, 2019, 09:09:50 pm »
Being raised by a single mom has adverse effects on kids, but that's no reason to demonize single mothers. I'd ask why this guy isn't suggesting we help the single mothers' kids, but I think I already know the answer.

Because it's another desperate attempt to deflect away from blaming GUNS?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #4731 on: April 14, 2019, 10:42:51 pm »

Because it's another desperate attempt to deflect away from blaming GUNS?

Given where it was posted, I was going to say it's because he's just a misogynist who wants an excuse to attack women.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:07:22 pm by Chaos Undivided »
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4732 on: April 15, 2019, 02:37:09 am »
Guns are all macho manly. Of course a he-man woman hater has a gun fetish and would thus want to find any reason to ignore that as a potential factor.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4733 on: April 30, 2020, 04:22:21 am »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4734 on: April 30, 2020, 06:18:25 am »
How do these people not realize that if you open up the economy then more people get sick resulting in jobs and businesses shutting down again resulting in shutting down the economy except now you have more dead people and way more sick people?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4735 on: April 30, 2020, 09:36:44 am »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4736 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:49 am »
Pretty much.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4737 on: April 30, 2020, 10:43:38 am »
I feel like conservatives have this disconnect in their logic in not being able to realize that what they do effects other people.
I feel they tell themselves, I want to go back to work and I don't care if I get sick I need to support myself and my family the economy is important. But they don't think hey if I get sick I could get my family sick, or my co workers or random people in public sick. This could really hurt the economy.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #4738 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:01 am »
I feel like conservatives have this disconnect in their logic in not being able to realize that what they do effects other people.
I feel they tell themselves, I want to go back to work and I don't care if I get sick I need to support myself and my family the economy is important. But they don't think hey if I get sick I could get my family sick, or my co workers or random people in public sick. This could really hurt the economy.

Libertarianism says you have the right to do whatever you want as long as you're strong enough to do it.  From their viewpoint, the government telling them they CAN'T do something is oppressing their freedom.  From a libertarian viewpoint, other people getting sick and dying isn't their problem; the sick and dying simply weren't strong enough to fight it off, and thus deserved to die.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4739 on: April 30, 2020, 02:04:54 pm »
Which is a twisted version of libertarianism, liberalism and conservatism, because the principle I've generally heard expressed is that everyone has the maximum possible freedom that does not impinge on the freedom of others.

(For instance, go on YouTube and watch potholer54's two-part video on "A Conservative Solution to Global Warming". He basically starts off with that principle and the example that this means you can't dump toxic waste into the water on your beachfront property since it would mean that others who own beachfront property nearby would no longer be at liberty to enjoy their property. For another example, look up Churchill's infamous "some sort of Gestapo" speech from the 1945 UK election and Attlee's response, in which he articulates and agrees with the aforementioned principle.)