Author Topic: Guest Verified: "Psychology is not a science" and "PhDs are just clubs"  (Read 3209 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
It's incredible how one person can sit there arguing after making statements that suggest a level of stupidity that makes Amos Moses look like Galileo.

Basically, I can't even.  Just go here and read for yourself.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/two_wisconsin_residents_with_gender_dysphoria_sue_state_as_transsexual_surgeries_not_covered_by_medi/

He keeps trying to corner everyone with not having some conclusive gene to back up their claims.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
Things are tensing up in that discussion and the Christian News Network censor is probably getting ready to clean house, so here's a snapshot of things as they stand, pre-censorship:

http://archive.is/kXLc7
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:24:26 pm by BobRumba »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Essentially, the "argument" was like this:  (or at least the parts of it that I could understand)

Guest:  Everything you say about gender dysphoria is wrong because they haven't found a "trans gene"!

Me:  I never said there was a "trans gene" found.

Guest:  But there's no "trans gene" so you're wrong!

Me:  But I just said.....(etc.)

I guess because science hasn't proven it's genetic, (but hasn't DISproven it either, mind you) he thinks it doesn't exist??  I don't know, I was having a hard time understanding his line of thought, if you can call it that.

Offline BobRumba

• God
I have always said Guest Verified was a game player.  And here we see him playing one of his games: he's trying to trap everyone into the false logic that goes something like "if a trans gene cannot be found, then you have no argument".

And he should make clear why a claim like that holds water first (spoiler alert: it doesn't) and should be called out every time he tries to drag people kicking and screaming back to it.

Mind you he also called Amos "brilliant" in this thread, so again, serious responses to him are a judicial matter.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Mind you he also called Amos "brilliant" in this thread, so again, serious responses to him are a judicial matter.

Yeah, it was a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or I would have spat it out all over my computer.

Offline BobRumba

• God
"YetAnotherSockAccount" called him out for it pretty well already, LOL.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
I will never understand why you guys get so worked up over a server and make all these plans and such over what looks to me like little more than Breitbart wearing very thin sheep's clothing.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline BobRumba

• God
I will never understand why you guys get so worked up over a server and make all these plans and such over what looks to me like little more than Breitbart wearing very thin sheep's clothing.

Presumably you originally joined a website called "Fundies Say the Darndest Things" because you were either annoyed or amused by the rantings of evangelicals.

So you must have SOME idea.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop

Not really worked up. More like getting a view into how other people think. A little break from the daily routine. And no planning is done just s a side channel to share stories and pontificate with like minded souls. Unlike KingOfRhye, I have been known to be drinking coffee while reading some of these remarks.

Also: afchief aka B1jetmech is back
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God

that's afchief????

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope

that's afchief????

Now I want to say something about a Supreme Court ruling to him, and see if he loses his mind.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Now I want to say something about a Supreme Court ruling to him, and see if he loses his mind.

“A mime is a terrible thing to waste.” - Robin Hood Men in Tights

He has already started
From B1jetmech
“That's why public property must remain strictly neutral.”

The problem is that is not in the Constitution. There are supreme court rulings yes, but the supreme court has been wrong before when it came to former slaves having standing to sue in court(Dredd Scott) upholding segregation(Plessy vs. Ferguson) and japanese interment camps during WWII(Kormatsu).

Preventing displays like 10 commandments goes against "free exercise of" in the first amendment.

And from earlier in the same post
You know something? it wasn't funny. It's not funny because there are people out there who actually worship satan and kill people and animals in sacrifices in secret ceremonies. It's really no laughing matter but this atheist doesn't care. Satanists like new born babies the most because they consider their souls the most pure.
So if I come off sounding a little hostile is because of people like that.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Meh, just ignore Niam.  He's our resident, eh, sociopath shitposter.  Like me, but less funny.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
My sense of humor ranges from gallows to literally the worst.

And yeah, admittedly, it is rather hypocritical - but it does seem like a lot of effort to put into one fundamentalist echo chamber. Heck, this is the first place I ever heard of Disqus.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Disqus is everywhere, you just need to come out from under your rock, ya cracker.  Though, I think it might not be as popular a general talky platform as, say, Reddit.  Still, tonnes of sites use it, like TorrentFreak.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.