Author Topic: What the Bible says about masturbation.  (Read 10515 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: What the Bible says about masturbation.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 08:14:00 am »
The process of Meosis creates 4 haploid gameta with half of the genes. During sex, the sperm cells ejaculate...

Jakey-boy just reached the short shorts section of the Wrangler jeans catalogue!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 11:43:08 am »
Banning abortion is slavery.

Hey, if you can be hyperbolic...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 11:54:05 am »

Banning abortion is banning infanticide.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 11:56:03 am »

Perhaps, but, I repeat, it is slavery.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 11:58:08 am »
Banning rape is future infanticide.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 12:01:08 pm »

How is it slavery?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 12:01:49 pm »

No because the infant does not exist yet.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »

No because the infant does not exist yet.

No shit, that's why I said future infanticide.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2018, 12:23:03 pm »

How is it slavery?

Because the mother is being forced, against her will, if she wishes an abortion but cannot due to governmental fiat obtain one, to use her body to maintain the life of her unborn child. (Yes, I'll concede for this argument that the zygote/embryo/fetus/whatever-you-care-to-call-it is an unborn human child.) Her bodily autonomy is being forcibly violated and her labour is being used for a purpose for which she does not wish it to be used. Her unborn child has no right to demand that of her, just as nobody else would (that is, nobody has the right to attach themselves to another human and become completely biologically dependent on them for nine months), and I will not accord some humans rights others do not enjoy.

I am not denying the unborn child a right to life. I do not accord it or any other human the right to force another human to sustain it completely.

Further, consider that we don't take organs from recently-dead people unless they consented while still alive, no matter how pressing the need for such organs might be. If abortion were banned, the dead would have more bodily autonomy than pregnant women.

Banning abortion can also potentially implicate the government doing so in murder, as we saw with the tragedy of Savita Halappanavar, which is what spurred voters in the Republic of Ireland ultimately to overturn their atrocious Eighth Amendment. (And even after they did so, I will note that the law subsequently introduced still produced one of the most restrictive schemes in the world, though the government had made it known what scheme it would introduce were the amendment in question repealed.)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »

How is it slavery?

Because the mother is being forced, against her will, if she wishes an abortion but cannot due to governmental fiat obtain one, to use her body to maintain the life of her unborn child. (Yes, I'll concede for this argument that the zygote/embryo/fetus/whatever-you-care-to-call-it is an unborn human child.) Her bodily autonomy is being forcibly violated and her labour is being used for a purpose for which she does not wish it to be used. Her unborn child has no right to demand that of her, just as nobody else would (that is, nobody has the right to attach themselves to another human and become completely biologically dependent on them for nine months), and I will not accord some humans rights others do not enjoy.

I am not denying the unborn child a right to life. I do not accord it or any other human the right to force another human to sustain it completely.

Further, consider that we don't take organs from recently-dead people unless they consented while still alive, no matter how pressing the need for such organs might be. If abortion were banned, the dead would have more bodily autonomy than pregnant women.

Banning abortion can also potentially implicate the government doing so in murder, as we saw with the tragedy of Savita Halappanavar, which is what spurred voters in the Republic of Ireland ultimately to overturn their atrocious Eighth Amendment. (And even after they did so, I will note that the law subsequently introduced still produced one of the most restrictive schemes in the world, though the government had made it known what scheme it would introduce were the amendment in question repealed.)

The right to life is the most important human rights, and NOBODY has the right to deny an innocent person that right. And um, legalizing abortion obviously deny the unborn child of that right.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:29 pm »
I am not denying the unborn child a right to life.

If I found you and made myself completely biologically dependent upon you for nine months, through no choice of your own and quite possibly against your will, such that for at least the first half of that time I would die if I was disconnected, would you have the right to disconnect me? Or can I force you to so support me?

If you're not OK with that, then you accord an unborn child a right no other human enjoys.

Also, do you support or oppose the death penalty?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »
I am not denying the unborn child a right to life.

If I found you and made myself completely biologically dependent upon you for nine months, through no choice of your own and quite possibly against your will, such that for at least the first half of that time I would die if I was disconnected, would you have the right to disconnect me? Or can I force you to so support me?

If you're not OK with that, then you accord an unborn child a right no other human enjoys.

Also, do you support or oppose the death penalty?

Well if you somehow did that by somehow fusing your body to mine, I guess I would have to support you.

However that is a bad comparison because it is not the child’s fault he or she came into existence and it is the mother’s choice because she had consensual sex. And your not making sense, how the fuck is abortion NOT denying the unborn child the right to life.

I support the death penalty for first degree murderers especially mass murderers, because by taking another person’s life, they lost their own right to life and deserve to be put to death. Unborn babies are obviously not first degree murderers.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 01:58:43 pm »
Because abortion is termination of pregnancy, not termination of life.

And it's nice to know that you're OK with slavery under certain circumstances.

As for "the mother's choice," I take it then that you'd be OK with abortion in the event of rape? (And let's not forget that your Bible commands abortion not in that case, but in the event that your wife cheats on you--which would, at least in some cases, be consensual on her part and hence not rape--and that it's God who ultimately makes the determination as to whether an abortion is warranted. See Numbers 5:11-28.)

As for the death penalty, what that does, more often than not, is create martyrs and thus exacerbate the problem, where life imprisonment generally leads to people forgetting about the person in question.

I also noticed that you haven't addressed my points about organ donors (we don't take organs from dead people unless they consented in life) or Savita Halappanavar.

I do not accord anyone the right to violate another's bodily autonomy. That is why I support the unfettered right for women to choose either to carry a pregnancy to term or to terminate that pregnancy as they wish. Furthermore, I support access to all forms of contraception, mandatory comprehensive sex education so that people--particularly libidinous teenagers--know how to avoid unintentional pregnancies (consider that states with abstinence-only sex education, like Mississippi and Texas, are among the top states in the US for teen pregnancy, repeat teen pregnancy, and teen abortion, while states with comprehensive sex education, like New Hampshire, rank near the bottom of all those categories), social supports for women and families with young children, particularly single mothers and low-income families, and extensive maternity and paternity leave so that young children can properly bond with their parents. All of these policies reduce abortion rates.

But I will not--will never--support violations of someone's bodily autonomy, and I will never force a woman to seek dangerous, possibly fatal, means of ending a pregnancy she does not want.

--James Woods, Democratic candidate for the US House of Representatives in 2014 from Arizona's 5th Congressional District.

EDIT: I also support some form of single-payer health insurance.

The average cost of giving birth in the US is, as I have noted previously, over US$38,000. That alone would incentivize women to seek an abortion, simply due to its unaffordability. (Consider that, depending on your source, at the low end almost half of US families cannot afford an unexpected $500 expense. How do you expect them to afford $38,000 given only seven or eight months' lead time--never mind what happens if the child is premature?) By contrast, when Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to Princess Charlotte, her second child, you can be sure that she had the absolute best care possibly available, and it cost US$19,000. For twice that I'd expect something absolutely, jaw-droppingly amazing, but I doubt the average mother giving birth in the US gets anything nearly as lavish as the Duchess had.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:17:03 pm by dpareja »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 03:57:38 pm »
Because abortion is termination of pregnancy, not termination of life.

And it's nice to know that you're OK with slavery under certain circumstances.

As for "the mother's choice," I take it then that you'd be OK with abortion in the event of rape? (And let's not forget that your Bible commands abortion not in that case, but in the event that your wife cheats on you--which would, at least in some cases, be consensual on her part and hence not rape--and that it's God who ultimately makes the determination as to whether an abortion is warranted. See Numbers 5:11-28.)

As for the death penalty, what that does, more often than not, is create martyrs and thus exacerbate the problem, where life imprisonment generally leads to people forgetting about the person in question.

I also noticed that you haven't addressed my points about organ donors (we don't take organs from dead people unless they consented in life) or Savita Halappanavar.

I do not accord anyone the right to violate another's bodily autonomy. That is why I support the unfettered right for women to choose either to carry a pregnancy to term or to terminate that pregnancy as they wish. Furthermore, I support access to all forms of contraception, mandatory comprehensive sex education so that people--particularly libidinous teenagers--know how to avoid unintentional pregnancies (consider that states with abstinence-only sex education, like Mississippi and Texas, are among the top states in the US for teen pregnancy, repeat teen pregnancy, and teen abortion, while states with comprehensive sex education, like New Hampshire, rank near the bottom of all those categories), social supports for women and families with young children, particularly single mothers and low-income families, and extensive maternity and paternity leave so that young children can properly bond with their parents. All of these policies reduce abortion rates.

But I will not--will never--support violations of someone's bodily autonomy, and I will never force a woman to seek dangerous, possibly fatal, means of ending a pregnancy she does not want.

--James Woods, Democratic candidate for the US House of Representatives in 2014 from Arizona's 5th Congressional District.

EDIT: I also support some form of single-payer health insurance.

The average cost of giving birth in the US is, as I have noted previously, over US$38,000. That alone would incentivize women to seek an abortion, simply due to its unaffordability. (Consider that, depending on your source, at the low end almost half of US families cannot afford an unexpected $500 expense. How do you expect them to afford $38,000 given only seven or eight months' lead time--never mind what happens if the child is premature?) By contrast, when Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to Princess Charlotte, her second child, you can be sure that she had the absolute best care possibly available, and it cost US$19,000. For twice that I'd expect something absolutely, jaw-droppingly amazing, but I doubt the average mother giving birth in the US gets anything nearly as lavish as the Duchess had.

1. Abortion is termination of life because the fetus fucking dies!

2. Of course me and most pro lifers make rape an exception. And life of the mother is also another exception so in the case of Savita Halappanavar, the doctors needed to do more research to see that her life was in danger.

3. The false NIV translation is the only translation that uses the term miscarriage. The Catholic Dhouy Rheims version says this

“And when she hath drunk them, if she be defiled, and having despised her husband be guilty of adultery, the malediction shall go through her, and her belly swelling, her THIGH shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse, and an example to all the people.”

And according to Catholic Answers

“Obviously “thigh” is some kind of euphemism but it seems hard to justify it means miscarriage. For starters there’s no mention of possible pregnancy until the very end and it is used as a future event. So it could simply be saying that if she is guilty she will become infertile, as a punishment for calling God to be her witness when she is lying. Rabbis state that the final line about the innocent woman conceiving means that because she was unjustly humiliated that even if she was previous infertile she will now be fertile.”

3. Regardless of whether the person is put to death or kept in life prison, there are going o be people who are going to try to follow their legacy, so it does not exacerbate the problem. It teaches the punishment for committing murder.

4. Consent for taking organs from someone is different because it does not involve talking a life because the person already is dead.

5. It is not just the woman’s body, it involves the body of the fetus.

6. Those states have more teen pregnancies but not more teen sex and probably less because of those parts of the country being more religious which means there is less risk of STD’s. And there is only more abortion because abortion is legal in the United States.

7. When Obamacare get’s repealed, the cost will go down when free market competition is encouraged.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:37 pm »
Fuck off you little pissant, you don't give a flying fuck about wee widdle babbies. You want to control women. Hardly surprising coming from one whose public bid for marriage went as well as it did.