Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156311 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Christian News Network fundies
« on: May 05, 2017, 05:24:29 pm »
Creating this spot to see if a few of the regular commenters on their posts would like to discuss the goings-on.  Will invite a few regulars...stay tuned.

To new people coming on board from over there to discuss things here - welcome and we're glad you're here.  If you register to take part in this forum please know that it can take a day or so before your registration is processed.  Some people have had a couple hiccups getting set up - I'm trying to find out a little bit more about that because I didn't have any trouble myself, but stay with it because it's really worthwhile.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:00:59 am by Jocasta »
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 02:44:28 am »
I don't get it  :o
just your regular ape

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 10:49:18 am »
You will...if anyone shows up!  ;)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:48:04 am »
I'll get it going....I've been going at it with Grace Kim Kwon lately.  I'm coming to the conclusion that she is just a vile human being.  Not only a fundie, but a racist as well, since she seems to blame "Western whites" for all the world's ills.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 12:02:13 pm »
Agreed about Grace, however I get the impression with her that the wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.  Going to assume she lives in Korea or something and is being fed a huge steamy pile by some "western" fundie somewhere.

I get more satisfaction going after the people who aren't just plain nuts but willfully stupid.  Amos would be the prime example for me, but probably the gold standard is Oboehner who is an idiot AND manages to be smug about it.  THAT combination right there...that's the one that leaves me helpless every single time...

shykid

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 07:21:20 am »
I don't even understand Oboehner. Like, his thought processes are beyond my comprehension.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 10:48:39 am »
I don't even understand Oboehner. Like, his thought processes are beyond my comprehension.

I don't understand him either but I have FOLLOWED him for years.  Literally a couple years now.  And he's more or less a one-trick pony.  First order of business for him is to sneer, be sarcastic, condescending, and dismissive.  I'm sure I'm right when I say EVERYTHING he's posted has been that way, giving him a very negative overall impression.  As soon as I see his avatar, I'm already mentally preparing to go on the defensive.  Secondly, he'll use only the most derogatory words he can get away with (and Christian News Network seems to let him away with a lot more than most people would get away with).  I've seen him call lesbians "fur traders" and gay men "butt plowers".

Most interestingly though is that although he's OBVIOUSLY a fundie - right down to evolution denial, and watching him get sarcastic about that is almost more than I can stand - you will NEVER see him state anything about his own faith.  In other words, he's there for one reason and one reason only - to attack.  He's the biggest sack of shit on Christian News Network, hands down (although Guest occasionally gives him a run for his money).

shykid

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:16 am »
You have patience of steel, my friend. I want to strangle him through the Internet every time I see him on FSTDT. So vile and full of hate.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:54 pm »
I've frequented the main FSTDT page for years and am familiar with this cast of characters, but which ones are particularly on the Christian News Network?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 12:49:53 pm »
That's my main source of entertainment, so in a nut case shell it would be these people:

Current crop:
Grace Kim Kwon
Amos Moses
Oboehner
Reason2012
Royce E. Van Blaricome
Guest Verified

More recently:
Doug Bristow
Jason Todd

Gone but not forgotten:
The Last Trump (I think he was banned, but he was one of the solid gold all-stars)
WorldGoneCrazy (another solid gold all-star but hangs out more on Live Action News these days)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:56:59 pm by Jocasta »

shykid

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
What was The Last Trump banned for? Unrelenting superciliousness?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 03:39:14 pm »
WGC is still at least lurking there, I noticed he was giving "thumbs up" to Grace in one of the recent conversations (if you call it that) that I had with her.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 04:25:29 pm »
WGC can match Oboehner nearly pound for pound in the smug department, but he DOES change his behavior when he notices people comment on it.  When Anon-e-moose started calling him "Ice Cream Boy" or "Mr. Haagen-Dazs" or whatever it was, he stopped making his "morality is just flavors of ice cream to atheists" analogy.

But it's interesting that he's lurking.  Make a post about abortion and he'll be in there like a dirty shirt.  A dirty, obnoxious, smug, self-satisfied shirt.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 07:45:58 pm »
Oh my God, is Guest Verified ever unbearable.  Getting caught up with him in any discussion is like bashing your head against a wall for hours at a time.  He's a troll par excellence...I am almost impressed how he manages to make everyone he talks to eventually want to strangle him.  And he knows it, too...when he starts throwing out the smiley faces as his posts gradually turn into taunts.  He seems to want to push people over the edge to the point of being banned.  Just wow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:58:16 pm by Jocasta »

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:01 pm »
Royce got booted (thankfully). I won't miss him. I honestly think that, among all the users over there, he was the most annoying. Yes, more than Oboehner. More than afchief (who was truly an awful, awful person, but mitigated somewhat by being so stupid and over the top that he was hilarious). And maybe even more than The Last Trump. And I put TLT up fairly high on the list of annoying people, even though I personally had little to do with him. But I recognize how unfathomably obnoxious he was.

But Royce...oh my God. Royce. I have seriously never met a single human being who made me want to strangle him more. I honestly wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire. It's that combination of supreme, holier-than-thou smugness combined with an absolute, unyielding commitment to knowing nothing about to any topic at all, and his constant habit of making repetitive, arrogant pronouncements instead of having a conversation with you. GAH, he makes my blood boil just thinking about him even though he's gone.