Author Topic: Would A Shrink Diagnose The Trinity God As Having Multiple Personality Disorder  (Read 3280 times)

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
If I went and saw a psychiatrist and I described my mind as having 3 parts but they are all really the same person would I be diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder or not?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Mind-Body-Actions.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Split personality disorder wouldn't be diagnosed by anyone reputable.  There is no such thing.  Never was.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
It is a point of severe contention amongst psychologists, but Viking's right, in general, most reputable psychs wouldn't diagnose with DID, unless there really were no alternatives.

The triune god may or may not have dissociative identity disorder, but it goes without saying that he'd be diagnosed first as a dangerous sociopath, and would be locked in a mental ward, regardless.

Though, schizophrenia isn't exactly outside the realm of possibility, either...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
I had an Atheist psychologist for a short while, and he gave me his personal psychological assessment of the Christian God. I can't remember everything he said, but I know he mentioned Bi-polar, sado-masochism, inferiority AND superiority complexes, sociopathic tendancies and... well, some other stuff that I just can't seem to recall off the top of my head. I found it fucking hilarious though.

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
Split personality disorder wouldn't be diagnosed by anyone reputable.  There is no such thing.  Never was.

Really?

I'm not a psychologist, but it seems like that would be one of the more intuitive things one would expect pondering the structure of the human brain. Simply, if various parts of the part of the brain that regulates conscious thought and experience had nerves that weren't firing at each other (either out of structural deficit, or they could be capable of firing but rarely ever used) then that would seem logically to be the outcome in such a case, the person thinking they are multiple persons.

I'm sure you know more about this subject than I do. Have they disproven Dissociative Identity Disorder? What does the evidence say?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
They've neither proven nor disproven it, because its incredibly difficult to know who's suffering, and who's lying.  That, and a lot of what DID contains is already a part of schizophrenia, which is a much more well-established and well-regarded diagnosis.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Atavist

• Pope
Taking this a little afar then was intended in the OP, is it possible that Satan could be a fourth personality?
One that remains hidden from the other three and provides them with justification for their actions?
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.