Author Topic: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore  (Read 10968 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:15:49 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.b77e554604cb

And this isn't just a single drive-by accusation, either. WaPo did a feature in-depth on Moore. They've clearly been sitting on this story for a while getting the facts together. When you factor in the Weinstein fallout, this could very easily sink Moore.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:42:59 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: #HimToo: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:40:20 pm »
It's Alabama they'll still vote him in over a Democrat.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:47:43 pm »
Pretty much but hold on people.  The Great Turtle is saying that if these allegations are true, Moore needs to step aside.

Ironbite-that's powerful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:23 pm »
Pretty much but hold on people.  The Great Turtle is saying that if these allegations are true, Moore needs to step aside.

Ironbite-that's powerful.

McCain's not happy either:

Quote from: John McCain
The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying. He should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of.

Notice how McCain isn't adding an "if true" qualifier regarding the allegations. McConnell seems to be playing the Good Cop here, which suggests they're going to take a hardline stance on Moore. Not a shocker considering Moore isn't the most popular fellow.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 10:05:04 pm »
I wonder if the Senate will exercise its authority to control its own membership and refuse to seat Moore.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 11:49:25 pm »
I wonder if the Senate will exercise its authority to control its own membership and refuse to seat Moore.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:22:50 am »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one.

46 Dems, 2 Independents, some Republicans not running for reelection like McCain, Flake and Corker?

Not saying they will, just saying that it's not entirely unthinkable.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:14:28 am »
Remember how Breitbart took a tough stance against pedophilia and ran all those stories about the "Pizzagate?" I guess they should be REALLY pissed about Roy Moore.

...Oops: https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/11/09/breitbart-runs-defense-after-women-say-roy-moore-made-sexual-advances-while-they-were-teenagers/218500

Oh yeah, Moore isn't a Democrat so Breitbart is defending him. So are some other Republicans: http://time.com/5017940/roy-moore-sexual-contact-underage-jesus-defense-jim-ziegler/ BECAUSE JESUS!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 02:44:18 pm »
The GOP as a whole seems to be distancing itself from him, given that the NRSC won't raise funds for him anymore.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 03:14:31 pm »
He's still running, he'll still win. He'll get arrested and they'll do another vote to replace him with another Republican senator.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »
And these women are just coming to tell their story now after almost 40 years.

It's Deja vu-- all over again. The same dirty trick they tried against Trump after he won the primaries. Which btw those women who had been recruited and paid to make the false allegations all disappeared after Trump was elected president.

The WaPo's scurrilous attempt to smear the judge... and a ploy to SUPPRESS THE VOTE... could end up backfiring by causing Moore's constituency in Alabama to redouble their support and efforts.

Not making that up.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 04:49:37 pm »
God I hope the GOP understands the pandora's box they're opening here with letting this idiot continue to run.

Ironbite-cause I can see what's coming.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 05:01:39 pm »
God I hope the GOP understands the pandora's box they're opening here with letting this idiot continue to run.

Ironbite-cause I can see what's coming.

They don't have a choice. He won the primary; he's running. They can't force him to drop out.

Most they could do is refuse to seat him if he wins.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 05:20:39 pm »
What did happen to all of those women that accused Trump of sexual harassment?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 05:49:12 pm »
What did happen to all of those women that accused Trump of sexual harassment?

Knowing Trump, they were probably disappeared.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.