Author Topic: Sex Ed the Dr. Seuss Way [Picture Extensive; Moderately NSFW]  (Read 7176 times)

Saturn500

Re: Sex Ed the Dr. Seuss Way [Picture Extensive; Moderately NSFW]
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 05:32:02 pm »
I thought it was dumb and relatively poorly done as a seuss work. Did not feel nearly as fluid as one of his works.

This. Also, not enough nonsense words.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »
THe only thing suessy about it was the picture style. Though they were often times non-sense and the entire thing was way too focused on men it seemed like. There was one paragraph about girls, which was the same for buttsex.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »
I think you're all taking it way too seriously. It was just a parody done by someone not even affiliated with the people who own the Seuss name.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:50:37 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »
Doesn't mean they can't try.

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:25 pm »
I think you're all taking it way too seriously. It was just a parody done by someone not even affiliated with the people who own the Seuss name.

If you're going to use the art style, you should use the writing style.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »
Not saying I disagree just that you're taking it more seriously than a parody needs to be taken.

Either way the only reason I didn't put it all in the funny pic thread is cause I felt it could use its own topic and picked society cause of the subject matter.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »
If the parody fails to generate humor, it is subject to serious evaluation.

It is fine to insult a man, as long as you make him laugh. A parody, without humor, is just an insult to something or someone. Even affectionate parodies can turn into this.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 08:01:52 am »
I thought it was dumb and relatively poorly done as a seuss work. Did not feel nearly as fluid as one of his works.
I have to agree with Material Defender.
The writing of it was poor. I also feel that it fails to comprehensively educate on the very real practical issues surrounding sex education. While it may be a parody, it could have been much better.

Not to mention something like this may actually help kids learn about sex education by bringing them the subject thought a familiar medium they enjoy. Hence the work being more practical is all the more important. The rare and often far too serious and sterilized sex education class does not always help get the message across. There are things children can learn best when they are not surrounded by their peers, and a book like this could be of genuine assistance.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 02:49:53 am »
Is there a version directed at girls? I know it's parody but it seems the female element in that is reduced to lust objects for males and baby makers just like we are in practically every other form of media in existence.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 03:40:55 pm »
I don't know. 1) I didn't make it. 2) I just ran into it on tumbr and c+p'd when I saw it. I really don't think there is. It was just a one-off parody not necessarily meant to be anything more than mild entertainment.

&