Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024838 times)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #825 on: March 25, 2012, 09:10:12 pm »
My grandpa took me to dinner tonight because I wasn't working and his wife is staying with a friend in the city.

The waitress thought he was my sugardaddy.

In her defense we don't look a damn thing alike (he looks like an older Billy Joel, largely because he is Billy Joel's cousin) and at a glance I kinda look like the sort of bubbly young thing that might seek out a much older meal ticket.

But I was highly disturbed by this.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #826 on: March 25, 2012, 09:20:05 pm »
One night I got drunk and argued with a friend over the phone about the correct pronunciations of the words Queensland (Queenslund or Queen's Land), and the critter the Goanna (Go-Anna or Go-ahna)

Stupid drunken me should have realised at the time I was talking to a real life Aussie.  ;p

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #827 on: March 25, 2012, 10:31:27 pm »
Raaaaah, this fucking canker sore is driving me up the wall >.<
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #828 on: March 25, 2012, 11:05:12 pm »
While I understand and appreciate her affection, sometimes it's hard to type around a big orange cat.  Her name's Pumpkin.  She says hi.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #829 on: March 25, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »
Ahh all this talk of air conditioning. I don't think I've ever been in a house with air conditioning.

Same, though I live in Canada, so...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #830 on: March 26, 2012, 01:28:47 am »
While I understand and appreciate her affection, sometimes it's hard to type around a big orange cat.  Her name's Pumpkin.  She says hi.

Hewwo, kitty!

My annoyance: I need a shower but I need my parents to be awake in case something happens (as in... I slip). So now I feel all icky right now and ughhh.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #831 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:33 am »
My grandpa took me to dinner tonight because I wasn't working and his wife is staying with a friend in the city.

In her defense we don't look a damn thing alike (he looks like an older Billy Joel, largely because he is Billy Joel's cousin) and at a glance I kinda look like the sort of bubbly young thing that might seek out a much older meal ticket.

....YOU'RE RELATED TO BILLY JOEL!?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #832 on: March 26, 2012, 03:26:22 am »
While I'm guilty of this, I had the opportunity to really realize how annoying talking while watching TV is.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FOCUS ON THE SHOW!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #833 on: March 26, 2012, 04:40:51 am »
While I'm guilty of this, I had the opportunity to really realize how annoying talking while watching TV is.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FOCUS ON THE SHOW!
This this oh dear lord this. This is why I hate watching TV with anyone, because it seems to be a basic human need to not shut the fuck up whenever a fellow member of the species is in the same room, regardless of how much silence would enhance the experience of the current activity.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #834 on: March 26, 2012, 11:51:41 pm »

....YOU'RE RELATED TO BILLY JOEL!?

Yep. He's a second cousin of my grandfather on his mother's side. I should honestly show pictures so you can see the family resemblance because it is absolutely, positively uncanny. Especially when my grandpa had a goatee briefly like Billy Joel's--coincidentally the day I moved in and my parents were still here, a local news magazine put a big picture of him on their front cover because he was doing a show nearby. (He comes from a nearby town and frequently does shows at small local venues adn beaches around Long Island.) They could be twins.

Admittedly this is all based on nothing more than said resemblance and the fact that my grandfather has clear memories of attending a rare family gathering for his mother's family and meeting an obnoxious younger cousin named Billy--and his mother's family name is Joel. Which is not a common name. Odds are he is indeed related. The only reason we don't know 100% for certain whether or not is because my great-grandmother was from an extortionately Jewish wealthy family (think, servants and regularly socializing with early movie stars) and married a man who was a) poor, b) an immigrant, and c) Catholic. In the 30s this was a huge cultural taboo and her family disowned her for it and she almost never saw them again. A look through public records might well uncover the truth but to be honest I sort of like not knowing for sure. Because I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't true.

I also happen to be related, by marriage, to English nobility. Aristocracy.

And my grandfather has the same name as a very famous baseball player. If you can guess which one, I'll give you a cookie.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #835 on: March 26, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »
It's a good thing you're related to someone cool and not, like, Clay Aiken or something.

If you ever get to meet Billy Joel, tell him some random chick on the internet thinks that his music is neat.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #836 on: March 26, 2012, 11:59:55 pm »
His songs are mostly good, though Only The Good Die Young and Uptown Girl are just annoying.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #837 on: March 27, 2012, 03:59:48 am »
I hate when people send me messages of any form that show a complete disregard for who I am. If it's gaming related, trying to get me to support your position that I have publicly stated I will not support (via Facebook or Twitter, which is more often than not the places I get such messages) will simply make me even less likely to hear you out. Much less want to write about it or publicly support it (thus recanting my firmly laid stance). The reason I mention this is I had someone on Twitter, who isn't even a follower of mine, remark about "Retake Mass Effect" involving one of the tweets the Mass Effect twitter sent me because I was doing multiplayer. It was unnecessary and bordering on spam.

Same goes for remarking to me about things like gun control or piracy. It isn't unknown what my views are. A few seconds (or minutes, depending on how chatty I've been and pushed back the pertinent info) of searching can get you the knowledge of what my stances are rather quickly. Thus, the only thing you really accomplish is to annoy me greatly and block your ass from being able to speak with me.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #838 on: March 27, 2012, 06:32:05 am »
His songs are mostly good, though Only The Good Die Young and Uptown Girl are just annoying.

I like Only The Good Die Young, but Uptown Girl is definitely annoying.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #839 on: March 27, 2012, 06:46:35 am »
I'm annoyed by all this nerd/geek dick measuring I've been seeing a lot of lately.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy