Author Topic: Are you more liberal or less than President Obama?  (Read 4340 times)

Offline wyvern999

• Apprentice
Re: Are you more liberal or less than President Obama?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 10:00:56 pm »
By european standards Obama is a rightwing conservative. It's just that the republicans are so much more to the right of Hitler that they make Obama appear liberal.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 12:46:30 am »

Congratulations! You're more liberal than President Obama!

You're proudly toeing the liberal line, canvas tote bag and all. You've probably been frustrated with President Obama's policies on more than one occasion, especially when he compromises with Republicans. You probably miss the Clinton years, and may have even been a Hillary supporter in '08.

That's the only part I agree with in my assessment.  If anything I thought my answers were more moderate than left or right.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:04 am »
I am a lefty too.

But the quiz is deeply flawed. Many times the choices presented are insufficient and sometimes none is close to what I thought should be done.

Not to mention that some of them are just weird. Are there really people who believe some of the things on that list?

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 03:14:54 am »
I'm more liberal than President Obama.

But again, I notice the questions on immigration were directed entirely at how to deal with illegal immigration. This forced me to answer like a hardcore conservative and say they should be treated as criminals.

My position is that illegal immigrants should be deported while at the same time restrictions preventing legal immigration should be significantly relaxed. This would essentially allow the same numbers of people into the country, but employers would not be able to exploit legal immigrants so easily.

Unfortunately, lack of any question regarding legal immigation policy forced me to give only half an answer.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:42 am »
Seeing as how nobody's likely to get it on a site such as this, I decided to answer as intentionally conservatively as I could on this and see what the results were.

You're a conservative, and proud of it!

You're a right-wing capitalist who believes in small government. You definitely didn't vote for Obama in '08, and you're definitely not voting for him in 2012. Rick Santorum was probably a candidate you could identify with.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 04:08:46 am »
So, who wants to bet the person who made this is a conservative who considers himself a moderate?

Though oddly, the question on gay marriage makes me doubt that, as it suffers from the unusually opposite problem of having none of the more hard-lined conservative stances.

Except maybe "I don't care what they do behind closed doors but marriage should be between a man and a woman"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 07:21:00 am »
Apparently I'm more liberal than Obama. To be fair, that's not exactly a difficult thing to achieve.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 11:14:19 am »
You probably miss the Clinton years, and may have even been a Hillary supporter in '08.

The author of this quiz apparently think that Bill and Hillary are leftists. They are no more liberal than Obama is.

Bill Clinton was the one who turned the Democratic Party into the tepid third-way neo-liberal centrists they are now.

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 03:19:57 pm »
You're definitely a lefty!

Your politics are considered radical by many, and sometimes you even agree with communist policies. You disagree with most of President Obama's decisions, but you may not have voted for him anyway. Someone like Ralph Nader would be a better candidate for you.

Hardly a surprising result.

Offline Paradox

• Neonate
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 04:04:37 am »
Your results
You're definitely a lefty!

Your politics are considered radical by many, and sometimes you even agree with communist policies. You disagree with most of President Obama's decisions, but you may not have voted for him anyway. Someone like Ralph Nader would be a better candidate for you.
The Man of Galilee, the Carpenter, the workingman who became the revolutionary agitator of his day soon found himself to be an undesirable citizen in the eyes of the ruling knaves and they had him crucified.