Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275311 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
Well, I got Jedi on the docket now, myself.

When watching a A New Hope and Empire, I just put the regular 2004 DVD edition in. But the whole “Replace Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen” bit bugs me enough that I’ll probably put in the original theatrical cut. But then, at least the 2004 DVD doesn’t have the ridiculous “Noooo!”
-A Pen Name

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2012, 10:36:15 pm »
Yeah the whole ending bugs me too. I think it bugs most people.  But I can live more with the replacement bs rather than the NOOOOO!!! bs. You don't fuck with the duel on the second Death Star, bitches, that's my favorite part, aside from random stromtroopers getting their asses kicked by Ewoks. Also the thing that has always bugged me is why the fuck would you just leave an reactor core open like that, for anyone to just fall into. That's just accident waiting to happen...not to mention it's right the middle of the Emperor's Throne room, who is the MOST FUCKING IMPORTANT ASSHOLE in the entire Galaxy.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:17:33 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2012, 10:41:54 pm »
Cloverfield.

I forgot how the movie makes my stomach twist and turn ;/
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:23 pm »
Return of the Jedi still my favorite installment of the Star Wars Saga. Why?? The Duel on the 2nd Death Star, Luke vs. Vader vs. Palpatine. YAY Electric Torture...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:23:31 pm by nickiknack »

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »
"The Amazing Spider-Man"

Damn good film. I wish it could be part of the larger Marvel Movieverse, but it was great on its own. I'm especially impressed by the fact that they drew heavily from Ultimate Marvel canon and still made it fun to watch, given my raging hate-on for the Ultimate universe.

AVAST, HERE THAR BE SPOILERS:

Also, they've spent a whole movie developing Gwen Stacy, which is going to make her death quite powerful in the inevitable sequel.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2012, 06:54:37 am »
The Dark Knight Rises.

Good film. Both sides had their points, I think.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2012, 06:59:37 am »
"The Amazing Spider-Man"

Damn good film. I wish it could be part of the larger Marvel Movieverse, but it was great on its own. I'm especially impressed by the fact that they drew heavily from Ultimate Marvel canon and still made it fun to watch, given my raging hate-on for the Ultimate universe.

I thought the MCU was in large part based on the Ultimate universe (not that I actually know a damn thing about the comics first-hand)?
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2012, 10:28:38 am »
I thought the MCU was in large part based on the Ultimate universe (not that I actually know a damn thing about the comics first-hand)?

It's sort of a gestalt. Most characters look like their mainstream 616 counterparts and act like them, but some of the origins have shades of Ultimate Marvel as well. To be honest, I love the fusion.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2012, 11:03:03 pm »
Finally got around to watching Jedi. Never noticed that the theatrical version came inherently letterboxed, rather than anamorphic “Enhanced for Widescreen TVs”. And the subtitles in Jaba’s Palace use the player’s subtitle system, so if you actually zoom in on the TV, you can’t read them. You could tell the Blu-Ray you havea 4:3 TV so the subtitles are actually placed higher, but that is more work than it should take just to watch a friggin’ movie.   >:(

But before Jedi, I actually went ahead to see The Dark Knight Rises.
-A Pen Name

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »
Speaking of Jabba's Palace, I've always felt sorry for the rancor keeper guy. Poor dude, he really loved that ugly monster.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2012, 03:38:57 am »
The Dark Knight Rises.

Sides?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2012, 07:46:13 am »
The Dark Knight Rises.

Sides?

Bane had a point about the corruption of the authorities but the 'authorities' had a point about the rule of the mob.

I took from it that extremes on either end are a bad idea. :)
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:34 am »
Zoolander. God its so stupid but I couldnt stop watching
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »
The Artist (2011) If you're a fan of classic film, especially silent films and early talkies, or even the history of early hollywood, you'll probably enjoy it. It's nice to see a good change of pace when it comes to movies. No wonder it won a shitload of awards.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:11:11 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2012, 01:04:25 am »
The Dark Knight Rises.

Sides?

Bane had a point about the corruption of the authorities but the 'authorities' had a point about the rule of the mob.

I took from it that extremes on either end are a bad idea. :)

Well, most of the corruption was gone after the Dent Act, so he didn't have much of a point there. The only thing the cops did that was wrong was hunt Batman near the begining, but he was a murderer for all knew.

And Bane just wanted to blow shit up, so he didn't really mean what he was saying :P. I think it would have been a good idea to have Bane think Gotham was worth saving. It would make him less evil but more interesting.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.