Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274865 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1230 on: February 19, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »
Just saw Deadpool and it's much, much better than I was fearing.  I wasn't sure at first when it start, humour felt a bit childish/lame and like it was trying too hard, but it got very funny very quickly.  Even the childish humour got pretty damn funny.  I had no idea that I'd find things like
(click to show/hide)
funny but according to this movie I do.

Oh and is that a
(click to show/hide)
they're fighting on at the end?  It sure looks like one.  Does that mean that Fox's X-Men and Disney's MCU are in the same universe now or what?  It's probably just an Easter Egg, the films full of references and in-jokes that I'm sure half of which went over my head but still, seems kind of odd.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:44:30 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1231 on: February 19, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »
Just saw Deadpool and it's much, much better than I was fearing.  I wasn't sure at first when it start, humour felt a bit childish/lame and like it was trying too hard, but it got very funny very quickly.  Even the childish humour got pretty damn funny.  I had no idea that I'd find things like
(click to show/hide)

Oh and is that a
(click to show/hide)
they're fighting on at the end?  It sure looks like one.  Does that mean that Fox's X-Men and Disney's MCU are in the same universe now or what?  It's probably just an Easter Egg, the films full of references and in-jokes that I'm sure half of which went over my head but still, seems kind of odd.

It is, but they are not.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1232 on: February 19, 2016, 05:09:20 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Oh and is that a
(click to show/hide)

It is, but they are not.

So it's just a semi fourth wall breaking easter egg.  Thought so but it does seem a slightly odd one to me.  It's a more subtle one that most of the other in the film, and I don't remember any other references to the MCU.  Though I might just have missed them.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1233 on: February 19, 2016, 05:37:49 pm »
Semi fourth wall breaking? 

Ironbite-Deadpool doesn't semi-break the fourth wall ever.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #1234 on: March 21, 2016, 07:31:32 pm »

(The Eve of Ivan Kupala).

Excellent movie and gorgeous to look at. I'm definitely going to watch more of Yuri Ilyenko's movies.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1235 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:07 am »
Saw London Has Fallen.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1236 on: March 22, 2016, 10:22:23 am »
After seeing the trailers for it, yeah, I won't be watching that dreck. Full of Hollywood-for-the-masses bullshit.  Where the 'Murrican President character unfurls his virtual super hero cape. All lovingly back dropped with gut wrenching visuals of London being decimated.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1237 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:06 am »
After seeing the trailers for it, yeah, I won't be watching that dreck. Full of Hollywood-for-the-masses bullshit.  Where the 'Murrican President character unfurls his virtual super hero cape. All lovingly back dropped with gut wrenching visuals of London being decimated.

If you like your all-American action heroes to be moronic, racist, cruel, sadistic sociopaths who are even bigger bastards than the bad guys, and for your dumb action movies to have a questionable yet confused message, then this is the film for you.

This is also the film for you if you like your all-American "America - fuck yeah!" heroes to be Scottish with an unconvincing fake accent that falls apart even more whenever he has to speak with another Scotsman.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #1238 on: March 25, 2016, 01:00:38 pm »
The Cremator. If you want a psychological drama/horror movie that will really fuck you up, I highly recommend it.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1239 on: March 25, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »
Zootopia and Deadpool, both pretty good for different reasons (namely Deadpool was more to my normal state IE balls-to-the-wall's crazy and weird.)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1240 on: March 26, 2016, 04:13:22 am »
Batman Vs Superman.

I personally found it kind of boring.  It takes too long to get to the point and the film overall is too long, what little story there actually is feeling like it could have been told in half the time.  And this will seem like a contradiction but there's not enough action for a film with a title like this, but the final battle is overdone (not the the one between Bat and Sup) as they often are in films like this.  Plus
(click to show/hide)

Oh, and Batman just straight up kills people now with no real explanation as to why his moral code's changed, and what little indication there is for it doesn't make the change feel earned by the film.  It also raises the question that if he's now ok with crushing people with cars, killing them in car crashes and blowing them up with cars and grenades, why not just take a gun into battle and shoot everyone in the face?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:15:01 am by Katsuro »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1241 on: March 27, 2016, 11:29:29 am »
John Dies At The End.

(click to show/hide)
Σא

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1242 on: March 30, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »
What a cop-out!  I've read the book, but not seen the film yet.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #1243 on: April 01, 2016, 11:49:16 am »
Batman v Superman. I liked it! Gal Gadot was great as Wonder Women/Diana Prince, and i felt Ben Affleck was a good Bruce/Batman.

Funny moment, when Wodner Women was finally properly introduced in the final battle, a little boy behind my piped up "Look its Wonder Woman, its Wonder Woman!" in the most excited tone of voice I've heard. He sounded so happy that his favourite character appeared (and she kicked a ton of ass in the battle too, considering who it was against)

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1244 on: April 11, 2016, 06:34:37 pm »
Just finished watching all the TOS-era Star Trek films. Yes, even that one.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!