Author Topic: Tony Perkins hating on Star Wars MMO  (Read 21518 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Tony Perkins hating on Star Wars MMO
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2012, 07:32:50 am »
Never played Custer's Revenge. Did have the displeasure of playing ET on the Atari as a kid. It sucked as much as everyone else says it did.

I also played it and thought it was fun. Years later, when I heard about burying copies of the game in the desert, I thought it was a joke. "After all," I thought, "the game wasn't THAT bad. There were worse."
If I recall right burying the copies wasn't only because the game was bad: they also had made more copies of the game than there were Atari consoles.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: Tony Perkins hating on Star Wars MMO
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2012, 09:01:30 am »
Heh, yeah, I remember that. Some Atari executive tried to blame it on a misplaced decimal point in the production department, resulting in them making ten times the number of cartridges they had intended to. When it was pointed out that everyone who owns an Atari (or the JC Penny knock-off) would have to buy 2.1 of them to sell all the copies, he just seemed confused, like he didn't understand what that meant. I do believe they fired his ass.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson