Author Topic: Why can't Lady Checkmate just say "transgender" or allow other people to?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Fox News original headline: "Congressional candidate confronts transgender woman at Denny's for using women's bathroom"
Lady Checkmate's change (after plagiarizing the story): "Congressional candidate confronts "man who wants to be a woman" at Denny's for using women's bathroom"

What is it with people like her, and even the people at Christian News Network, putting scare quotes around phrases they disapprove of?  Gay marriage is gay marriage, not gay "marriage".

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-newsnetwork/congressional_candidate_confronts_transgender_woman_at_dennys_for_using_womens_bathroom/
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Simple, this way each sentence where their hated issue is mentioned is turned into an attack and an affirmation of their hate. In other words: It is virtue signalling.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline BobRumba

• God
Simple, this way each sentence where their hated issue is mentioned is turned into an attack and an affirmation of their hate. In other words: It is virtue signalling.

I also see it as a way of attracting other likeminded bigots..."look at me marginalizing this group, want to join me?"
Banana Monster ne répond plus!