Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159297 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #705 on: March 28, 2017, 12:24:12 am »
^It's all a plot to keep us from knowing that the Earth is round... AND WE'RE ON THE INSIDE!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cellular_cosmogony

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #706 on: March 28, 2017, 11:10:31 am »
Where did my sodding avatar/profile pic for this forum go?  How longs it been missing?  Why didn't I notice before?  Did I ever have one?  Pretty sure I did.  Maybe I imagined it.  Maybe my whole life up to this point was imagined.  Oh myyyy gaaaawwwd!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #707 on: March 29, 2017, 08:15:46 pm »
I've decided to become a Republican. Mostly because it's a lot less taxing on my mind. On economic issues, I just need to remember the three principles: "Privatize it", "The free market can handle that", and "support Israel". On social issues, I just need to ask "What would Paul from Corinthians say?"

So easy. And with that line of thinking, I thought of a great way to privatize the army.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #708 on: March 29, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
"For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh but through love serve one another"?

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #709 on: March 30, 2017, 08:04:56 am »
I've decided to become a Republican. Mostly because it's a lot less taxing on my mind. On economic issues, I just need to remember the three principles: "Privatize it", "The free market can handle that", and "support Israel". On social issues, I just need to ask "What would Paul from Corinthians say?"

So easy. And with that line of thinking, I thought of a great way to privatize the army.

Isn't it still a few days too early to announce that?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #710 on: April 01, 2017, 10:43:45 am »
There is a politician campaigning with the slogan "representing the white heterosexual christian minority."

...Which may sound like yet another white guy complaining about how they are being opressed but someone did point out that he really is in the minority. Christians in Finland only make up 27% of the population and propably not all of them are white and/or heterosexual.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #711 on: April 01, 2017, 02:21:10 pm »
Well, it depends how you define Christian. If you mean someone who truly believes in Christian doctrines, follows them and goes to church and/or other religious gatherings then yes, he is in a minority. If you mean someone who vaguely identifies as such and belongs to a church but it doesn't show in his life - maybe he believes in a vague greater power and sees Christianity as a part of the Finnish culture - he is in a majority.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #712 on: April 05, 2017, 01:58:57 am »
What the fuck are hotcakes and how is that they've set the standard for things people love to buy quickly while I've never even seen one before?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #713 on: April 05, 2017, 02:02:41 am »
Aren't hotcakes basically slutty pancakes?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2017, 02:58:28 am »
They could be for all I know.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2017, 04:59:40 am »
I did a Google search. The first result was the Finnish Wikipedia article about pancakes. Take that as you will.

pyro

« Reply #716 on: April 07, 2017, 09:13:41 am »
Hotcakes = pancakes = griddlecakes = flapjacks

They're all synonyms

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #717 on: April 27, 2017, 07:19:13 am »
Trump would probably be a good president if his policies weren't so dadaist (i.e the wall, the immigration ban, Trumpcare).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:20:51 am by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #718 on: April 27, 2017, 08:47:46 am »
And environmental policies, tax reform, lack of diplomatic skills...

Trump might be a good president if he wasn't Trump.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #719 on: May 03, 2017, 05:14:01 am »
Lakes are just reverse-islands.