Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159258 times)

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #495 on: March 18, 2016, 11:43:50 am »
Happy Paris Commune anniversary!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #496 on: March 18, 2016, 04:01:07 pm »
East parts of Finland had, or at least used to have, places called "Pien-homovaara" and "Suur-homovaara." Those were locations of several battles during WW2 and I was just reading about an officer who got a medal for his participation in those battles. "Pien" means "minor" and "suur" means "major." "Homo" means homo(sexual) in Finnish (as it does in several other languages) and "vaara" means two different things, one of them being threat. I know that in actuality those places are simply called minor-gay-hill and major-gay-hill but I am tired enough to giggle at the thought of places being called "minor and major danger of homosexuals."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #497 on: March 18, 2016, 04:39:16 pm »
If you have sex with a clone of yourself that has all your memories and thoughts up to the moment of cloning, is it masturbation or incest?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Even Then

« Reply #498 on: March 18, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
Yes.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #499 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:38 pm »
East parts of Finland had, or at least used to have, places called "Pien-homovaara" and "Suur-homovaara." Those were locations of several battles during WW2 and I was just reading about an officer who got a medal for his participation in those battles. "Pien" means "minor" and "suur" means "major." "Homo" means homo(sexual) in Finnish (as it does in several other languages) and "vaara" means two different things, one of them being threat. I know that in actuality those places are simply called minor-gay-hill and major-gay-hill but I am tired enough to giggle at the thought of places being called "minor and major danger of homosexuals."

I'm unfamiliar with Finnish naming conventions, but you're sure the name was originally intended to mean "homosexual"?

I would have guessed it meant some variant on "people's hill".
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2016, 07:32:15 pm »
If you have sex with a clone of yourself that has all your memories and thoughts up to the moment of cloning, is it masturbation or incest?

And to think how many wasted opportunities over hundreds of Star Trek series episodes...XD *

Troy! Troy! Troy! (might as well make it an orgy) Troy! Troy!
Damn those chicken-shit producers.

*for non-Trek fans: transporter malfunction twins. holodeck glitch twins.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:35:42 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2016, 01:17:21 pm »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »
There are people who don't?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2016, 02:45:48 pm »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19:29 pm »
So I thought of the best argument I would want to take place, a Flat-earther and a Hollow-earther I want to see two of those colossal idiot's argue as to who's inaccurate version of Earth is correct.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2016, 03:23:35 pm »
So I thought of the best argument I would want to take place, a Flat-earther and a Hollow-earther I want to see two of those colossal idiot's argue as to who's inaccurate version of Earth is correct.

Why would you give either of them a platform? At best you'd get hours of anti-establishment whining, and at worst they'd use that platform to gain adherents.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2016, 03:36:27 pm »
Cause it would be funny to see two moron's duke it out and watch the proceeding fallout from it, also cause it would piss off a very large amount of people and that is a big plus in my book.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

Why would you give either of them a platform? At best you'd get hours of anti-establishment whining, and at worst they'd use that platform to gain adherents.

Who made you the arbiter of who deserves a platform?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:55 pm »

I don't think he ever declared himself such an arbiter. Though, he does have the constitutionally protected right to say both groups are asshats that should be ignored.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #509 on: March 21, 2016, 06:12:43 pm »

I don't think he ever declared himself such an arbiter. Though, he does have the constitutionally protected right to say both groups are asshats that should be ignored.

That he does.