Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159655 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2016, 05:15:01 pm »
Splatoon should allow you to purchase more genders.
Just imagine if Tumblr found a way to monetise genders. They'd make billions overnight.

I would not be surprised to learn someone has already tried to copyright a gender identity and demand that nobody else declare themselves to be that gender without paying a licensing fee.

I mean, they've already claimed you can't declare yourself certain genders without it being cultural appropriation, so the basic seeds are there.

Fuck, I've got to get in on this.

Too late I have already registered trademarks and filed patents for 'crackersexual', 'breadesexual', 'brotsexual' (which is breadsexual but german) and 'unleavensexual'

Hah, jokes on you. Those aren't genders.

Meanwhile, I've trademarked "crackergender", "breadgender", "brotgender" and "unleavenedgender", as well as "sourdoughgender" and "wholegraingender" for good measure.

I call "flatbreadgender."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »
goddamn you all.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2016, 11:57:45 pm »
Even though my 21st birthday is 6 months away, I'm thinking of for it getting another tattoo since the first one didn't hurt as much as it did, I'm trying to figure out which one to get.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2016, 12:06:33 am »
Ooh! That's the fun phase. Going to do like a Pintrest board of just stuff you like or are you going for a theme?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2016, 12:09:13 am »
Just shit I like, since I got a Rebel Alliance tattoo for my first one I was thinking of getting a Triforce or a Black Lantern Logo, or something from RWBY. Not sure but I got six months to decide.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2016, 12:11:17 am »
Awesome!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2016, 04:07:04 am »
Am I the only one who thinks Andrew Schlafly will depend on and perhaps even live with his mom for the rest of her life...and then a few months after her death, though he won't stop consulting her necessarily.

Look at a picture of Schlafly to get the joke.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Even Then

« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2016, 08:40:50 am »
The teacher I correct slides for has a habit of using more than one exclamation mark at a time. I'm reminded of Terry Pratchett, and worried for his mental state.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #488 on: March 11, 2016, 11:34:35 am »
There's nothing more awkward than finding a Livejournal full of fantastic rare historical photos that's also run by a Russian right-wing nationalist.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #489 on: March 13, 2016, 11:54:31 pm »
I kind of wonder what would happen if there was an experiment where people move into houses that are "haunted" or have a dark past without that information being told to them, while other people move into normal houses that they've been told are "haunted" or have a bad history.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #490 on: March 14, 2016, 12:07:13 am »
I kind of wonder what would happen if there was an experiment where people move into houses that are "haunted" or have a dark past without that information being told to them, while other people move into normal houses that they've been told are "haunted" or have a bad history.
My guess is the people in the normal houses would start interpreting normal things as hauntings, while the people in the "haunted houses would have normal lives. Paranoia is powerful.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #491 on: March 15, 2016, 08:25:51 am »
"2/3rds of Americans believe President Obama's supreme court nominee should receive a fair hearing in the senate."

...The thing that should be getting the attention is that 1/3 of Americans apparently don't think that the nominee should receive fair treatment. How partisan do you have to be that even if the nominee is good you think they are tainted simply because Obama chose them?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #492 on: March 15, 2016, 12:22:11 pm »
All of Obama's candidates for Scalia's vacancy are either brown, yellow-brown, and/or female, and/or foreign born. So, you see the mentality of the "Real Miss America" meme: where are the white males?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2016, 12:26:25 pm »
...Are white men underrepresented in the "Miss America" contests? [/comically missing the point]
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #494 on: March 18, 2016, 10:10:07 am »
I started laughing at work today because the phrase "testicular homicide" sort of... appeared in my head, complete with the mental image of someone being teabagged to death.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.