Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159311 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 18, 2015, 09:16:47 pm »
Well, assuming we're talking about the trappings of a typical JRPG and not literally having a Japanese studio make it...

I'd be the almost totally worthless class that might get some overpowered Ironchew equipment in the endgame.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

pyro

« Reply #436 on: December 18, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
I might have a job on paper, but in practice in just a munchkin.

Even Then

« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2015, 06:27:31 am »
I sit and think of faded people.

The people I once created with and laughed with and shared with and belonged with. The people I once called “friend”, or at least people I knew and recognized.

When we knew, it was as if we’d be together forever. But now you’re only names on a contacts list. You’re still alive, and you never hurt me and I never hurt you. But here we are, separate, as if on the sides of an invisible mist. I think, if it had been dramatic, if we’d departed in hate, it would hurt less for me to think of you.

The only thing in common with all those bonds that faded like blood into water is me. Is it me who’s to blame? Well, I’m an awkward person. I don’t blame you for not staying in contact. Do you blame me for it? Do you still think of me? Have I left any impression on you? I’d like to think that you still think of me, but at the same time, I wish you’ve forgotten me too. I don’t know.

I could talk to you again. It’s something I could do, nothing’s stopping me. But I wouldn’t know what to say, and I’m not brave enough to try to return to that old place or try to make a new one. I’m so scared of things falling into awkward silence or forced attempts again. Maybe it’s better this way. You can go on.

Maybe it was always meant to be this way anyway.

Maybe the people I belong with now will end up like that, too. I’m scared, I don’t want them to. I don’t want to. But it’s out of my control whether it does or not, isn’t it? The march of time scares me so much.

Well, I won’t let it stop me. As long as it lasts, I’ll be with them no matter how it ends. I’ll try my best to retain them.

Anyway…

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iVzxMjldiY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iVzxMjldiY</a>

Here’s to all the faded people. Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, I hope that you’re well.

And that, sometimes, maybe, you’ll think fondly of me.

(Yes, I am aware of the irony of posting this somewhere where said people won't see it.)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2015, 03:07:53 pm »
I was driving home from work today, early because it's Christmas Eve. I heard a news story about a half dozen or so people killed by a Mississippi tornado sparked by the unusually hot weather. My first thought was "so are you dumb rednecks gonna deny climate change now that you're dying for it?"

My second thought was to be absolutely disgusted with myself for my first thought.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2015, 06:17:26 pm »
I was driving home from work today, early because it's Christmas Eve. I heard a news story about a half dozen or so people killed by a Mississippi tornado sparked by the unusually hot weather. My first thought was "so are you dumb rednecks gonna deny climate change now that you're dying for it?"

My second thought was to be absolutely disgusted with myself for my first thought.

it should've been "of course not".
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #440 on: December 24, 2015, 07:37:24 pm »

Those who stand to profit from global warming denial don't live in that area. I doubt they care.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2015, 08:45:18 pm »

you know, ironchew, i should'nt've been surprised you pissed on my parade. instead, i'll just say thanks for being realistic.

Those who stand to profit from global warming denial don't live in that area. I doubt they care.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »
I'm trying to decide the most badass word I know, because I have nothing better to occupy my mind at work. It's a toss up between talvisota and zerstörer aT the moment but I can't decide which.

And no, there are no English words that can match either of those two.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »
I know! It's... Um... Er... Bums!

Yeah, nailed it.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2016, 12:55:54 pm »
Oh wow, you guys, I haven't been on these forums since last year.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »
*beats TheL into the ground like a tent peg*

Ironbite-NO!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2016, 05:32:53 pm »
Oh come now. Is that really the way to greet someone you haven't seen since last year?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2016, 07:01:33 pm »
*suplexes Art into the Mariana Trench*

Ironbite-I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS BULLSHIT!

Even Then

« Reply #448 on: January 01, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »
So on New Year's night, me and a couple of friends watched Another Gay Movie. Well, like the first half-hour of it, anyway, they were too weak of heart to endure it to the end. During the first five minutes, one of them wanted to strangle the one who'd given it to him. Fun times.

I'd forgotten how bad that movie was.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #449 on: January 01, 2016, 10:59:32 pm »
*suplexes Art into the Mariana Trench*

Ironbite-I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS BULLSHIT!

Come on Ibby a year is a long time.