Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159432 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #405 on: December 12, 2015, 09:18:54 pm »
Anything that riles up fascists is worth spending your time on.

i find rabid communists funnier to rile up, personnally. all i have to do is call them right-wing and i can roast marshmallows of the fumes they're emitting.

... i've got a sick sense of humor.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #406 on: December 12, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »
Yeah but Mussolini never ran 4 businesses into the ground before deciding to run for leader.
Mussolini ran a country to the ground.

I hear Italian fascists get riled up if you insult Mussolini. But you know what, I think actual history is the greatest insult to Mussolini.

And economics.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #407 on: December 12, 2015, 10:39:43 pm »
Yeah but Mussolini never ran 4 businesses into the ground before deciding to run for leader.

I hear Italian fascists get riled up if you insult Mussolini. But you know what, I think actual history is the greatest insult to Mussolini.

And economics.

You know, UP, sometimes you and I are on the same wavelength, however briefly.

Actual history is indeed one of the greatest insults to economics.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #408 on: December 12, 2015, 10:44:21 pm »

And economics.

Actually, I mean that economics are an insult to Mussolini.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #409 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »

And economics.

Eh, in that case you could get economists to write a hit piece on any historical bad guy.

Theirs is the domain of cooking up apologetics to prop up the whims of the wealthy elite.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #410 on: December 12, 2015, 11:37:00 pm »

And economics.

Eh, in that case you could get economists to write a hit piece on any historical bad guy.

Theirs is the domain of cooking up apologetics to prop up the whims of the wealthy elite.doubtful hindsight apologetics to just about anything.

don't mind me, just fixin' it for ya...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2015, 02:04:56 am »
I wonder who would win in a fight between Superman and One Punch Man.

Either way, the writers would get a lot of hate mail.
Batman beat the Hulk (because he is more popular) in a Marvel vs DC comic. By that logic Superman would win. (And honestly Saitama would just be glad that he finally met someone who is stronger than him.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #412 on: December 13, 2015, 02:39:56 am »
Besides the fact that the greatest of all superheroes is just a better character.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #413 on: December 13, 2015, 02:49:53 am »

Those police guys...really really look like Schutzstaffel.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #414 on: December 13, 2015, 01:27:55 pm »
I'm baffled as to how anyone can deny global warming.

Like, is it just that people hate to imagine that they should change anything n their lives? Or do they just not understand what science is and assume G-d is the only source of authority?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #415 on: December 13, 2015, 02:08:56 pm »
The most radical deniers love the End Times-feel of it all. They want things to go to shit cuz Jeebus.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2015, 01:56:55 am »
The writer, as it grows and learns, goes out and eats the world, eats the people, eats the stories, eats itself. It all is digested, it fills the writer and develops its body and mind.

It all churns inside the writer's stomach, out of sight and out of reach but its movements can still be felt within. The sway has its own gravity, the writer can only position itself to perhaps alter its flow, or take medicine if it gets painful. And sometimes, it comes out. Like vomit that can only be held back so far, it comes out when it comes out.  And when it comes out, the writer can only try its best to make the expulsions make a picture that looks like a picture and not a chaotic mess of splotches.

The sight of the pre-existing vomit stains on the curb only adds to the churning within, and so the picture becomes fuller. Sometimes, there's a splotch that juts out and clashes with the rest, and so the writer either looks at the vomit until it makes sense again, fills out the gaps between the stains with paint or washes off the offending section.

Writing is vomit. Or at least mine is.

...but, like, in a good way.

(I don't even know. This is the random thoughts thread, this is a random thought. Metaphors help me understand.)

Even Then

« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2015, 04:43:02 am »
Another random thought: FQA as a JRPG.

Naturally, Kradorex Xeron is the setting's god (which means that they get their ass kicked at the end XD).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 04:46:12 am by Even Then »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2015, 07:32:53 am »
It'd be the only JRPG where the party actually gets smaller as the game progresses.

Even Then

« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:46 am »
Now I'm just thinking who the requisite animu rival character would be... UP, maybe? He even has that "I'll be back" thing going on.