Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463108 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7380 on: February 21, 2019, 10:45:36 am »
After seeing the preview and prologue for Episode Ardyn, I can say with total confidence that I am fully, painfully erect for it.  Oh, also fuck the gods of Eos, Somnus was ersatz Aerys Targaryen, and the line of oracles must have some powerful fucking genes, seeing how much Lunafreya looks like her ancestor from, like, two thousand years ago.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7381 on: February 24, 2019, 03:19:45 am »
Replaying the DS Zelda games. Phantom Hourglass is so much better when you can abuse the fuck out of save states, and Spirit Tracks once again reminds me why it's my favourite hand held Zelda of all time. It fixes pretty much everything Phantom Hourglass managed to fuck up, and the sountrack really is a thing of beauty. Such a shame it didn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7382 on: March 19, 2019, 11:13:51 pm »
Holy hell, I'd forgotten how insanely present archery is in Ultima Online.  Then again, I'd not used it since...1999?  The special moves and new weapons have really been a game changer.  Magical shortbow with life/mana leech is a fucking gore machine once you get enough skill to shoot fucking lightning arrows.  It's insane how quickly I got grandmaster in archery; it couldn't have been more than twelve hours.  Helps that I can craft my own ammo.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7383 on: March 23, 2019, 12:30:29 pm »
Good news everyone, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is reprising his role as Shang Tsung for Mortal Kombat 11!  Day-one purchase for me now.  I'm not even joking, I love Tagawa that much.

Bad news is he's a DLC character (but is also the Krypt keeper in the base game)...a fact that's been announced before the game is even finished.  Devs aren't even pretending anymore that they don't hold content back just to have DLC they can charge more money for.  And making us pay extra for more Tagawa is a dirty move; they know how popular the actor is as that character.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7384 on: March 30, 2019, 01:49:34 am »
So. Borderlands 3.

Guns with legs, anyone?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7385 on: March 30, 2019, 09:06:21 am »
The trailer seems interesting.

I've liked the stories and the characters but as usual I'm not gonna have the money to get the game + a system that would run it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7386 on: March 31, 2019, 11:11:44 am »
Apparently, there's some next gen graphics work goin into Elder Scrolls 6.

...Only thing I can think about this is "I wonder what next-gen bugs we'll be getting."  Oh, and how hilarious they'll be.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7387 on: April 01, 2019, 02:43:48 am »
In yet more new release news, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is getting a sequel. Let's hope this time they actually get it done before they release it.

That said, it's not due out for another year, and already they're trying to sell pre-orders, including a $130 "Bloodmoon Edition", so not exactly off to a great start.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:39:22 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7388 on: April 01, 2019, 05:36:55 am »
Youtube's Skyrim Grandma Shirley Curry is going to be in Elder Scrolls 6!
https://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-grandma-shirley-curry-will-be-in-the-elder-scrolls-6/

Its been a while since I watched her but she's a gem.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7389 on: April 01, 2019, 09:45:03 am »
In yet more new release news, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is getting a sequel. Let's hope this time they actually get it done before they release it.

That said, it's not due out for another year, and already they're trying to sell pre-orders, including a $130 "Bloodmoon Edition", so not exactly off to a great start.

I'll be happy if they bring back Smiling Jack.  The idea of Bender being a pirate vampire is just too damned fun.

Youtube's Skyrim Grandma Shirley Curry is going to be in Elder Scrolls 6!
https://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-grandma-shirley-curry-will-be-in-the-elder-scrolls-6/

Its been a while since I watched her but she's a gem.

That was easily the most adorable thing I'd seen in a long time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7390 on: April 01, 2019, 10:12:32 am »
I'll be happy if they bring back Smiling Jack.  The idea of Bender being a pirate vampire is just too damned fun.
He's in the screenshots, so most likely. Though if you ask me, the fact that he isn't a were-car is a huge missed opportunity.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7391 on: April 01, 2019, 08:02:39 pm »
Eh, ya win some, ya lose some.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7392 on: April 02, 2019, 11:01:00 am »
Did I mention how powerfully erect Episode Ardyn made me?  Feels boner, villain boner, and rage boner all in one.

Seriously, though, fuck the gods of Eos.  Damning a good man to insanity for their own overly complicated, unnecessarily cruel plans.  Shit makes me want an alternate ending where he and Noctis team up to utterly destroy the gods.  I mean, its not like Noctis had much trouble taking down Titan, Leviathan, and Ifrit.  The dude's literally killed a mountain with his bros.  Combine that with Ardyn's immortality and ability to casually wipe out an entire army without so much as breaking a sweat, and somehow, I doubt the gods of Eos would pose much challenge.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7393 on: April 02, 2019, 03:26:34 pm »
I honestly want to know why the hell the Gods decided that the dude who they basically fucked over wasn't good enough for the afterlife.  I mean, yeah Ardyn's a dick.  A massive complete dick but he did what was told to do.  Why the hell didn't he get a reward?  Like at all?

Ironbite-maybe he did his job too well and that made Baphmet nervous?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7394 on: April 02, 2019, 06:47:40 pm »
He was what the gods' machinations had made him.  For all their idiotic yammering about fate and predestination, every single thing that happened of note in the main story happened because of either their direct intervention or their machinations.  If anything, the real villains of FFXV are the gods.  Ardyn was evil because they manipulated him into eating a tonne of daemons, gave a vision of him ascending the throne to Aera, likely knowing she'd tell Somnus because she's an idiot (I'm sorry, Aera, you're a nice person, but what person with a brain in their head trusts a man who literally BURNS PEOPLE ALIVE?), then knowing that Somnus would be exactly the kind of brazen sociopath that would try to kill his brother and anyone that got in his way, let shit just kinda play out like a particularly psychotic soap opera.

Somnus' whole "oh, I got better and leanred the error of my ways" spiel might've rung just a little less hollow if he hadn't been, ya know, burning people alive and hadn't cut down (showing no remorse after the fact) Ardyn's fiancee right in front of him.  "I became a better person" is what you say after you steal $20 from someone.  That doesn't cut it when you were a fucking serial killer.

Thing is, I'm certain Ardyn would've gladly sacrificed himself after becoming the focus for the Starscourge had the gods not arbitrarily decided to wait over 2000 years doing fuck all.  Yeah, he'd have been upset and rightfully so, but back then, he was still a fundamentally good person and would've given his life to save everyone from fucking daemon malaria.

Every god on Eos deserves to be rounded up and summarily executed for their actions.  Not just this, but that little internal tantrum they threw when the Solheim civilization stopped sucking their dicks with enough gusto and they fought a war that ended in complete (and very convenient) genocide.  Is it any wonder they fucking built Omega?