Author Topic: Colorado lawmakers lose recalls over gun laws support  (Read 1210 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Colorado lawmakers lose recalls over gun laws support
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:58:15 am »
Link

Basically, the title sums it all. Also, the governor is losing popularity over his stance on gun control as well.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Colorado lawmakers lose recalls over gun laws support
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:12 am »
I find this irritating, mostly because these days recalls are being thrown around any time a lawmaker makes a vote on a contentious issue and not being reserved for cases of criminal misconduct or horribly unethical behavior. There've been 32 successful recalls since 1911 and of those 32, 11 of them have happened since 2011.

I guess now the numbers have bumped up to 34 recalls with 13 of them happening since 2011. Can we let legislators govern and not have to spend every fucking year in campaign mode?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:13:52 am by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:31:26 am »
Fuck.

I mean really. I finally had a reason to be proud of my state legislature for passing sensible gun laws (I mean, it's not like they've done anything worthwhile on environmental issues, educational issues, proper immigration laws, etc.) and now the damn gun worshipers decide to throw out people who helped do so, sending a message to anyone that considers decent regulation of weapons that they'll be ruined if they try. Why do these people care so much about thing that can only destroy and an outdated, archaic constitutional amendment? Seriously, I don't understand the need or appeal at all.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:23:28 am »
I guess now the numbers have bumped up to 34 recalls with 13 of them happening since 2011. Can we let legislators govern and not have to spend every fucking year in campaign mode?

That is the trick behind the political machine that is the US democracy. The only thing the people actually care about are elections. They are a form of reality TV to the population which is why the whole political process starts as early as it does, and why the news agencies swarm around campaigns like vultures. Nothing else matters but keeping the show alive.

Of course recalls only really happen because the powers that be, the money, let them. An excellent example is Governor Walker who was recalled and then won the election again because the money wanted him in despite how much everyone hated him.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »

That is the trick behind the political machine that is the US democracy. The only thing the people actually care about are elections. They are a form of reality TV to the population which is why the whole political process starts as early as it does, and why the news agencies swarm around campaigns like vultures.
And in 2016 I'll just end up voting for the assholes from Duck Dynasty.