Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274539 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1320 on: November 02, 2018, 01:34:29 pm »
I just got back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody a few hours ago.  Pretty damn good, I thought.  The thing that bugged me about it (which I already pretty much knew about going in, having seen all the trailers and read a few spoilers) was all the inaccuracies.  A few major points in the movie are either not quite the way they really happened or the timeline is way off.  But, with that said, I still enjoyed the hell out of it.  Rami Malek as Freddie is moving, Gwylim Lee is Brian May's doppelganger, and the recreation of the Live Aid performance is spectacular. 

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1321 on: November 09, 2018, 02:38:31 am »
I just got back from seeing Bohemian Rhapsody a few hours ago.  Pretty damn good, I thought.  The thing that bugged me about it (which I already pretty much knew about going in, having seen all the trailers and read a few spoilers) was all the inaccuracies.  A few major points in the movie are either not quite the way they really happened or the timeline is way off.  But, with that said, I still enjoyed the hell out of it.  Rami Malek as Freddie is moving, Gwylim Lee is Brian May's doppelganger, and the recreation of the Live Aid performance is spectacular.

The whole "band splits up and Freddie comes crawling back and admits without the rest of Queen his music wasn't really all that good" stuff that I've heard so much about, that never happened in real life, I find insulting to Freddie's memory and his talent to be honest. Admittedly I haven't seen the film, but if those reports are accurate then it will put me off from seeing it. And I assume they are accurate as it's come from multiple reviewers.

It's also made me see Brian May and Roger Taylor in a rather negative light as they were heavily involved in the film, so much so it frustrated Sasha Baron Cohen to the point of walking out of the project, so one can only assume it's their doing or at the very least they had no problem with it being in the film.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:40:53 am by Katsuro »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #1322 on: April 26, 2019, 07:46:12 pm »
Avengers: Endgame.

I really liked it. If the MCU keeps going strong after this movie, great. If not, at least there'll be a good jump-off point.

Hope nobody minds my thread necromancy, BTW.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1323 on: April 30, 2019, 10:09:48 am »
Obviously I haven't seen the film yet but the first trailer for Sonic is out:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI</a>

It shares a producer with the Fast and the Furious. Which seems fitting.

It could be as much rubbish as the average video game based film is but Carrey at least is usually an entertaining actor.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1324 on: April 30, 2019, 12:49:24 pm »
Three words: Dragon.  Ball.  Evolution.  Shit is gonna blow just like Detective Pikachu and for the same reasons as Evolution.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1325 on: April 30, 2019, 12:56:16 pm »
Oh come on, this movie looks like it will basically be "how did Ace Ventura become a villain?"-the movie.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1326 on: April 30, 2019, 03:30:24 pm »
Three words: Dragon.  Ball.  Evolution.  Shit is gonna blow just like Detective Pikachu and for the same reasons as Evolution.

YOU DO NOT GET TO EVEN FUCKING BRING DETECTIVE PIKACHU INTO THIS CONVERSATION!  THAT HAS ACTUAL EFFORT INVOLVED IN IT UNLIKE THIS MINDFUCK!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1327 on: April 30, 2019, 04:11:00 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Hollywood doesn't seem to get how to bring anime to live action.  Not saying it can't be done, I just don't trust Hollywood to do it.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2019, 01:28:37 am »
If there aren't at least fifteen scenes of Sonic's hairy, blue cock ploughing the everloving fuck out of Elise, then this movie simply has no business existing.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #1329 on: May 01, 2019, 12:28:19 pm »
The movie's not even out yet, so what's it doing in this thread?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1330 on: May 01, 2019, 12:32:59 pm »
I couldn't be bothered to make a new thread for it and figured that this is close enough.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1331 on: May 01, 2019, 04:22:57 pm »

It'll be forgotten by the time it comes out.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #1332 on: May 01, 2019, 05:24:15 pm »

It'll be forgotten by the time it comes out.

I wouldn't say that. People remember Battlefield Earth and Gigli.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1333 on: May 01, 2019, 06:42:51 pm »
i had literally entirely forgotten about those, actually
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1334 on: May 01, 2019, 07:53:02 pm »
The second is a new one on me.  I'm not being glib, I've legitimately never heard of Gigli til now.