Author Topic: Diablo III delayed yet again  (Read 5741 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Diablo III delayed yet again
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:13 pm »
As part of its latest financial report today, Activision said Diablo III is now targeted for the company's second quarter, which runs April-June 2012.

Diablo III was at one time expected to be released in 2011, and a rumor from last month indicated the game could launch as early as February 1. However, Activision quickly shot down that speculation, and Blizzard later announced it was implementing a host of changes to the game.

source - http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-delayed-again-6350086

I almost wonder if D3 will become the Duke Nukem Forever of the 90s lol.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
Re: Diablo III delayed yet again
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »
No.  But it will be the Diablo II of its era.

This is Blizzard's usual MO.  They give dates when the game might be done, and if it isn't done to their satisfaction, they delay.  It happened with Diablo II, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, and with Starcraft II, as well as expansions on these games.  Generally, you want to add at least a year or two to the release date on any Blizzard game.

Now, if it doesn't come out by, say, 2014, then I'd toss it in with Stafcraft: Ghost.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:50:28 pm »
Better to be delayed than to be crappy :V
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »
There's a reason Soon(TM) is defined as any time between now and the end of time.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:28:28 am »

This.

I have D3 pre-ordered. I cannot wait to play it. But I will wait, because I know when it is released, it will be awesome. (I've read several comments from beta players who says it's already amazing. I can only imagine how it will be when it finally comes out.)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:44:52 am »

That's my take on it, too.  One thing I like about Blizzard is that they take their time to do it right, rather than halfass it to meet a deadline.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 10:51:03 am »
Yeah. This is nothing unexpected from Blizzard. Their stand has always been "We'll release it when we're happy and not a second sooner". Their games are always marked by extremely long development times that end in awesomeness.

The fact that they take the time to make every game the best they realistically can before releasing it instead of trying to shovel it out the door by a specific date has always been one of the greatest assets of the company.