Author Topic: Real Life Fundies  (Read 23154 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Real Life Fundies
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »
My friend's mom is a new age fundie. She believes that all diseases are the result of negative thoughts being sent out and bounced off the universe, thus coming back to haunt you in the form of body horror. For instance, in her nutty world, asthma is caused by a person feeling constricted in life.

Needless to say, she's a big fan of quantum mysticism.

Fuck. That. Shit.

I once played with a boy up the street who had developmental delays and severe epilepsy. Even today he is two grades behind. His mother was convinced that this boy was an "indigo child" and would trumpet it from the rooftops at every opportunity.

Nice boy though.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »
Went digging, and found Facebook screencaps of this woman's nuttery I'd posted on the old forums. Red is her, and Blue is me. These are from well over a year ago.

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 09:16:48 pm »
That woman reminds me of the most recent girlfriend of one of my uncles. He has a great taste in music, but god does he have shitty taste in girlfriends. This woman is a bona fide psychopath whose sole goal in life is to screw up everything she touches. I have a lot of stories.

She says that Lyme disease was invented by Nazi scientists given amnesty by the USA on Plum Island. She says traumatic experiences can change your DNA. When she heard about my social anxiety disorder, she told me it was partially my fault because of the law of attraction.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:53 pm »
Yeah, sorry lady, there is absolutely no evidence of that happening.  Law of Attraction, as far as I can tell, does not exist.

And this is coming from someone who actually does believe in some mystical shit.  At least I believe it based on my experiences, not because it's some wishy washy spiritual belief meant to make me feel superior to everyone else.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet