Author Topic: Ask the next poster a question!  (Read 191314 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Ask the next poster a question!
« Reply #1545 on: October 23, 2018, 01:26:32 am »
To completely get rid of racism honestly would probably take significant evolution/selective breeding/genetic engineering since I understand it's downright instinct for humans to divide the world up into categories of "My Tribe" and "Enemy Tribe".  I think there are ways to reduce it's impact or redefine tribal lines on something other then skin colour, but no short term way to eliminate it entirely.

Is it better to vote for a the candidate who's plans don't go far enough but are certain to be accomplished if they win, or the one who promises what you want but would be less likely to be able to deliver?

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1546 on: October 23, 2018, 01:46:55 am »
Aim for the whole pie, and you might get half. Aim for half, and you might get a quarter.

Of the various seperatist movements in Europe, which seems most likely to succeed?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1547 on: November 07, 2018, 03:19:37 am »
I don't know very many European separatist groups, but damn is Catalonia an incredibly determined little thing. The little country that could.

Who's the erson you're most glad was kicked out during the US midterms?